The Boondock Saints | Teen Ink

The Boondock Saints

July 25, 2009
By JusticeJohnson SILVER, Pine Junction, Colorado
JusticeJohnson SILVER, Pine Junction, Colorado
7 articles 0 photos 5 comments

In 1999, Writer/Director Troy Duffy created one of the most astonishing films I would not see until July 25, 2009. The actors Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, and Norman Reedus put on the most emotionally captivating acting I have ever seen, and will never see anywere else.



In Boston Massachusetts, Connor (Sean Patrick Flanery) and Murphy McManus (Norman Reedus) are Catholic Irish fraternal twins that kill soldiers of the Russian Mafia in an act of self-defense. They run into FBI agent Paul Smecker (Willem Dafoe) that lets them go. After the twins get a "message from God", saying to kill the wicked, so they and there friend David Della Rocco (played by a person named David Della Rocco) become vigilantes. David, knowing everything about everyone leads the Twins to the people they should kill for there crimes. But the FBI agent Paul Smecker is chasing them, with every intention to catch them.



Troy Duffy saied that The Boondock Saints was inspired by personal experinces, while living in Los Angeles. The movies release in Theaters got with poor critical reviews.



I gave this movie an 10 out of 10 cause that what it deserved. The script was well written, the actor were wisely casted and It gave me everything I hope for and more. Through out the movie the music score completely blew my mind, It seemed that the emotion of the music flowed so perfect with the acting. Also, through out the movie, the action was not to strong draining out the emotion, instead everything seem to balence itself out. If you at all liked the movies Four Brothers, or Smokin' Aces this movie will not dissapoint you. Even if you don't like those movies this one should not dissipoint you. This is definatly a movie I'm going to watch over and over.