Let the Right One In | Teen Ink

Let the Right One In

July 22, 2009
By Jacob Storms BRONZE, Spring Hill, Tennessee
Jacob Storms BRONZE, Spring Hill, Tennessee
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Let The Right One In" is a vampire story based on the best-selling novel by John Ajvide Lindavist.

The story revolves around two lonely characters. A young boy named Oskar anf a young girl named Eli.

Being directed by Tomas Alfredson he tells the story well of a lost boy who his tormented by bullies and singled out as an outcast. Friendless and on the edge of insanity he quickly discovers Eli. A young pale girl who just moved in next door. She's quiet, unique, and only seems to come out at night.

Eli quickly earns Oskar's trust. They become friends. Soon enough, a little more. Both Oskar and Eli have a lot in common. Their personalities and the fact that both are lonely souls looking for any lending hand.

But I dark secret can't be hidden forever. Soon Oskar pieces the puzzle together. So one night he confronts Eli. And he asked her the question, "Are you a vampire?" Eli eventually confessed, but the deep bond blended by the two removes all fear of what Eli is.

Throughout the story their is love, hate, loss, and gain. And in Oskar's darkest moment where life and death become a factor and all hope seems a fatal lost...well...Eli finally reveals her "protective aggressive" side for Oskar.

The film contains all the vampire violence one would expect, but is done on a much classier scale and is filmed with vision and inspiration. I highly recommend "Let The Right One In" for anyone wanting to see a well-made film.


The author's comments:
Based upon the independent foreign vampire film, "Let The Right One In."