Burn After Reading | Teen Ink

Burn After Reading

By Zachary Snyder BRONZE, Elma, Washington
Zachary Snyder BRONZE, Elma, Washington

Burn after Reading

Joel and Ethan Cohen, A.K.A., the Cohen brothers have always been known to make movies that are nothing short of great, and their latest film, “Burn after Reading” does not fail to live up to that standard. “Burn after Reading” chronicles the lives of 5 middle aged people who are all tied together by top secret, but mostly irrelevant C.I.A. secrets.

Among many others, one aspect of this movie that makes it great is its all star ensemble. Consisting of Brad Pitt and Frances McDormand, who play 2 dimwitted gym rats, that come across the said C.I.A. documents, John Malkovich as a recently unemployed and disgruntled C.I.A. agent with an unfaithful wife, played by Tilda Swinton, whom is having an affair with George Clooney, whose character is somewhat of a sexual deviant.

I personally relished watching this movie, as a matter of fact the first time I saw it I intended on watching whilst going to bed. Yet sure enough, within the first 20 minutes I was sitting in my chair with the lights on following the great plot with every last bit of comprehension my tired self could produce. This is definitely not one of the movies that someone can just walk into 45 minutes in and just “be told” the plot, or even character development for that matter.

I suppose I have to do a basic reviewer or critic maneuver, rate the movie, and so I will. I give “Burn after Reading” 4 stars, 2 thumbs up, or 8.5/10, however you want to do it. What I'm trying to say is that this movie is definitely above average in my opinion, and most definitely worth watching.