The Wizard of Oz | Teen Ink

The Wizard of Oz

By Kayla G BRONZE, Commack, New York
Kayla G BRONZE, Commack, New York

Strap on your ruby slippers and take a ride through an alternate universe full of magical creatures, witches, and friends who will always have your back, even if they are a cowardly lion. In this movie, Dorothy, a young girl living on a farm in Kansas with her family, and her dog, Toto, take on the ultimate adventure when they run away from home and more importantly, the evil Miss Gulch who is after poor little Toto. On her way to her dream land over the rainbow, Dorothy meets a strange mind reader named Professor Marvel. While talking to Marvel, Dorothy realizes that running away will really hurt her loving Auntie Em. She decides to run back home, when suddenly a twister appears and sweeps Dorothy and her little home away. When she lands, she realizes she and Toto really are not in Kansas any more. She meets a beautiful witch name Glinda who tells her that she is in a place called Munchkinland in the wonderful land of Oz. The one thing Dorothy really wants most of all is to find her way back home, but the only way to get there is by seeing the Wizard of Oz. She has to travel along the Yellow Brick Road to the home of the great wizard, Emerald City. Along the way, she meets a lion, tin man, and scarecrow, oh my! Each of them wants one thing worst of all, much like Dorothy, whether that thing be courage, a brain, or a heart. With Toto at their side at all times, the four of them travel through unimaginable places to reach the wizard, a task that has never been successful before. Just as you think the happy ending comes, the wizard turns the whole thing upside down when he gives them a near-impossible assignment… stealing the Wicked Witch of the West's broom. Will Dorothy ever get home? Will the 3 strange characters find what they are looking for? Will there finally be peace in Oz? Find out in this amazing movie that proves there truly is no place like home.