Eragon | Teen Ink

Eragon

January 9, 2009
By Anonymous

The movie “Eragon” was a grabbing and fast moving movie. This movie will keep you anticipating every move and every battle until the climax, which makes you intent on seeing the next movie as soon as possible.
With realistic bad guys like Durza and detailed good guys such as Eragon himself and Brom “Eragon” was a very detailed movie and the CGI was very good such as with the dragons, and as shown when Saphira flies, or when the Urgals attacked and magic was used. In this movie, I thought that Durza was creepy, like how his teeth were rotted out, but it was a good thing because that just shows how detailed the movie was.
The sound effects on this movie were also fairly convincing like when the dragons roared or when swords were drawn.
I did not like the way the settings changed time, because the scenes seemed to go earlier in the day then much later then earlier again if you were paying attention, but I do think the places themselves were interesting and a very good choice of scenery.
I think that there were flat characters such as Galbatorix who you only see yelling at Durza, and Ajihad, who is only known as the leader of the Vardan, but other wise, all the characters were fairly well planned out and cast.
I think this movies plot tries to finish off to fast and therefore is confusing such as how just as Saphira flies off for the first time, she becomes a full dragon and takes Eragon away. I would suggest this movie to anyone who loves action and fighting and magic, but anyone who hates sad movies or people dying, this is not the movie for you. Otherwise This was a great movie and it was very interesting and all in all a good movie for anyone.