Feeling Through | Teen Ink

Feeling Through

By XDGAMER BRONZE, Sacramento, California
XDGAMER BRONZE, Sacramento, California

¨Push Yourself, Because no one else is going to do it for you¨- Anonymous

If you came across a deafblind man on the streets who needed help getting home, would you help him? Or just walk away like no one was there. Feeling Through is a great short film that everyone should watch because it is just a really powerful story that is being told and might make you change your perspective on the world. While I was watching it at first, I felt like I was not going to enjoy it, but as the movie kept getting deeper and showed how someone's mindset can change in seconds, I started to really enjoy it because it shows that no matter what situation you are in, your personality can change from one moment to another and that if you do a good deed, the good deed will come back to you.

The short film Feeling Through starts off with Tereek, who is just wandering around New York City trying to find a place to go for the night. When he can't find anywhere, he goes and hangs out with some friends. When they finish hanging out, they all go their separate ways, and that is when Tereek comes across a man with a sign that says, “I am deaf and blind. Tap me if you can help me cross the street. Tereek was hesitant at first to tap him, but he did because it seemed that he felt bad that he had disabilities and no one was around to help him. When he taps the man, he pulls out a notepad, and right, can you take me to M15, which was a bus stop? Tereek decides to wait at the bus stop with him, and while they are waiting there, he learns that his name is Artie. When the bus gets there, Artie tells Tereek to tell the bus driver to let him know to tap him. When they get to 129th, before the bus leaves, they say their final goodbyes. To me, this is a very interesting story for the reason that I have never really heard anything like this.

As I was watching the film, the two main characters, Tereek and Artie, stood out to me because I would have never thought that the short film Feeling Through would be about a homeless man and a blind dead man who came across each other's paths and changed Tereek's life and his view of the world.

When I finished the short film, I felt like there were still great people out there who were trying to help others when they needed help as well. It really started to make me think about the many possibilities and encounters the universe puts in front of you, and it always happens for a reason. You might not know what it is at the time, but later on it will start to show.

This film was very fascinating, and we should all watch it, maybe not to pass the time but to learn something to make you wonder how people's mindsets can change in seconds.

When I was watching this film and many others this film stood out to me the most and I decided to write about it to be able to share with people about this film.