The Blacklist | Teen Ink

The Blacklist

November 21, 2023
By 4sarozek BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4sarozek BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Blacklist is a thrilling show that has received rave from both critics and viewers. It’s known for its gripping storyline, intense action, and complex characters. James Spader’s performance as Raymond “Red” Reddington is particularly praised for its charisma and depth. 

I decided to watch the show because it was rated highly on Netflix. Then, I saw that It was 10 seasons long. I thought, there is no way I am going to watch the whole series. But, I decided to watch it anyway. 

As I'm watching season one of a show, I can usually tell whether I like it or dislike it. When I started The Blacklist, I noticed in every episode there were exciting moments especially in the opener. In the beginning it got off to a slow start but I liked the way that every episode there was a new crime/character to investigate. The show keeps you on the edge of your seat with its twists and turns, making it a must-watch for fans of crime dramas. 

The show follows Raymond “Red” Reddington being the main character along with his ‘daughter” Elizabeth Keen a FBI special agent, and the main protagonist of The Blacklist. Red partners with the FBI, giving them names of wanted criminals from his blacklist. Each episode features the hunt for one of these criminals. 

Watching every episode in season one, I didn’t like all the new characters coming in every episode. It got confusing. By the end of the series, I was lost and confused on why it was called The Blacklist. I couldn’t understand why the author wanted this many characters in one series. But then it all added up in the end. So, I suggest patience as you begin the series. 

I was intrigued by Reddington, the one and only, they call him. Everyone is scared and frightened by him… but why? Why was he5 powerful in so many ways? Being the most wanted criminal in the world never hurt him. Whenever he got caught, he always had a plan. But why was he so attached to Elizabeth Keen? Was he her father? Or was he just a criminal acting like a criminal? These are all questions I had while watching. The mystery left me satisfied. 

As the series came to an end, I was very sad. I wanted the show to keep going on forever. Every episode got more intense and interesting that they wanted you to keep watching, because in the end there are always surprises…

If you enjoy endless questions and suspense, then The Blacklist is the show for you!  


The author's comments:

In this piece, a very intense and exciting movie keeps you on your toes till the end.