It Chapter 2 | Teen Ink

It Chapter 2

By Austin_123 BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin
Austin_123 BRONZE, Delafield, Wisconsin

Horror movies are the best type of movies. they leave you in your seat frightened, scared, and suspenseful. The best thing about these movies is when you don't know what is about to happen next. Fans of horror movies are fans of suspense and an adrenaline rush.

Prior to watching It, Chapter 2, I would recommend seeing the first movie It Chapter 1. Since it is a sequel, everything ends up tying back to the beginning. 

I had some very high expectations for this movie because It Chapter 1 was amazing—It Chapter 1 had very good scenes, great graphics, and a detailed plot. And the trailers for It Chapter 2 were great showing details from the last movie tying into the 2nd one and showing suspense for the fans. For example, the “The loser club” coming back to defeat Pennywise with greater power than before.

It Ends Chapter 2 focuses on “The Loser Club” reuniting from the first movie as adults to confront Pennywise, an evil clown who shapeshifts. The chemistry among the adult “Loser Club” feels genuine, by each actor in the movie successfully capturing the essence of their kid like character. Having the same fears as they did in the first movie but this time with a bigger problem than the first time they had faced Pennywise.

The length of this movie is long, clocking in at over 2 hours and 45 minutes. This movie does take a long time for the plot to develop with this run time. At the end of the movie, I felt that the movie could have been more detailed without throwing away its complete depth of the characters. On the other hand, the extended runtime of this movie allows for more character exploration and their development.

When watching this movie I got jumpscared a few times,  but nothing too serious. I experienced some adrenaline rushes in specific scenes throughout the movie which is what you look for in a horror movie. I can say comfortably It Chapter 2 makes you feel stuck in your seat waiting for a clown to jump right out of the screen. This movie does have some pretty gruesome scenes, so if you are uncomfortable with blood I would not recommend this movie for you.

That being said, “It Chapter 2” Is a “okay” movie I would not put this movie in my top lists but certainly not the bottom. This movie shows good horror and some really amazing scene’s and will certainly get you walking around the house later worried about a shapeshifting clown behind you. 

My name is Austin, I am a high school student. This piece was very important to me because I loved watching the sequel It. I was very happy to hear my teacher say "We're writing a movie review" and this movie was the very first to pop int my head because I had perviously watched this movie.