SISU | Teen Ink

SISU

Sisu is in an action film with a lot of fight scenes and even a plane crash while the characters fight in it. This movie has everything you can think about when you think of a world war ll action movie.

This movie is based on a character named Aatami and he is an old russian sniper in the 1940s. He is a very good sniper but now he lives in lapland wilderness and he finds a good amount of  gold nuggets and he starts to head to Rovaniemi with the gold nuggets .

I liked the premise but I was confused on how they are going to make this in an action movie. by someone just ¨finding gold.¨ But I was wrong. The action starts right after  that.  Aatami sees a Nazi soldiers and passes them and they try to rob him he notices and then he attacks both of them and other soldiers realize it and Aatami runs off but the nazi people see his face and he is on the run because he killed one of the soldiers.

When Aatami is on the run he sees the same soldier that spotted him when he killed the other soldier and they have a big fight. Where Aatami is badly wounded and beaten but somehow survived. He survived but doesn't have the gold . Aatami tracks the soldier down to a plane and sees him but they are about to take off. Aatami notices this and just hangs on to the wing of the plane while they take off. Aatami tries to somehow enter  the plane and Aatami and the soldier fight it out for a 3rd time. While they are fighting the plane is breaking and he is about to crash. When the plane went down the soldier fell out of the plane while Aatami was still in it when the plane crashed. And then it shows us the plane crash and Aatami walking out of the burning plane injured and then making his way to a bank to cash in the gold. The thing I liked about the movie was the plot. The plot was very interesting. I was so interested  the whole time while I was watching and I would think about what would happen next. Another thing I liked about the movie was the fighting scenes. There were a lot of fighting scenes where Aatami goes off on the soldier and I really liked it. 

The Problem I had with the movie is that there was so much plot armor. For example he survived  a whole plane crash and was still walking. I just don't find it that realistic. Another thing I had a problem with was there was not a lot of dialogue coming from the main character at all. For example when he found the gold in the beginning of the movie they didn't tell the audience  where he was going he was just riding on a horse in one direction. I just think that the movie needs more dialogue.