The Grinch Who Stole Christmas | Teen Ink

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

By Margaret Juarez BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Margaret Juarez BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you? The Grinch who stole Christmas is based off of a classic children's book written by Dr. Seuss. Everyone in Whoville is bustling to find everyone the perfect gift for Christmas. Somehow all the Who's forget the real meaning of Christmas. All the Who's love Christmas, except for one, if you can call him a Who. He is more of a what, his name is, the Grinch. The Grinch played by Jim Carry, chose to be isolated on a mountain top. Ever since he was a little boy he has never liked Christmas. The community of Who's don't seem to like him very much. Only one small girl seems to pity him her name is Cindy Lou Who. Cindy has two regular parents and brothers who are too caught up in the Christmas spirit to answer any of her questions. Cindy Lou gets a little too curious and decides to interview people who knew the Grinch before he had a hatred of Christmas. She only gets some answers, however. Then Cindy decides to nominate the Grinch for the towns' holiday cheer mister. The mayor is not pleased with the nomination, but gives into Cindy's pleas. Once the Grinch is officially nominated, she goes up to the mountain where the Grinch lives and convinces him to join the holiday celebration. During the celebration the Grinch seems to be enjoying himself, but then the gift comes. The mayor has always had a deep hatred of the Grinch, so he gives him a horrible gift that reminds the Grinch of his bad past. Then the town goes from cheer to chaos.

The Grinch who stole Christmas was made in 2000. The cast seems to be perfect for the roles. This movie seems to have some humor in serious parts that kind of throws you off your emotions. When there are humorous parts then all of a sudden really serious. This is a good movie for children, with some adult humor that children wouldn't understand. This movie became and instant holiday classic. Appropriate for all ages, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, is a must see holiday classic.