Kung Fu Panda | Teen Ink

Kung Fu Panda

December 10, 2008
By Anonymous

Kung Fu Panda


Kung Fu Panda is one of the funniest kids' movies. This movie has something for everyone; no matter what your age is, you are going to enjoy this movie with the action, characters, and the story line. It's a bout a panda named Po (voice of Jack Black). He has a dream of becoming the dragon warrior, but in reality he a fat panda who works for his dad in a noodle shop. Po gets a chance to become the dragon warrior and has to fight the mean Tai Lung (voice of Ian McShane) and he saves the valley. Other voices in the movie Shifu (Dustin Hoffman), and his students, the Furious Five Tigress (Angelina Jolie), Viper (Lucy Liu), Monkey (Jackie Chan), Crane (David Cross) and Mantis (Seth Rogen).

The movie was set in ancient China when Kung Fu was just starting. Po was born and raised around noodles; his father is a bird that makes you wonder if Po is adopted. Po has been dreaming about being a kung fu fighter. His dream will come true when he is chosen as the dragon warrior. Shifu is a red panda that is going to teach him how to fight. At first Shifu did not believe in Po because he has not had any previous training on kung fu so he was working with a beginner. Shifu gets some good advice. There are no mistakes. He takes it and learns that Po eats when he is upset. Shifu uses this and trains him by the river and trains him with food. Shifu make Po fight for his food. After this Po realizes what he has done and is now ready to take the Dragon Scroll. Shifu is gives him the scroll and the scroll doesn't say anything. Po is disappointed and he knows that Tai Long is coming to take the Dragon Scroll away from Po. Shifu orders an evacuation of the Valley to try and protect the citizen of the Valley. Shifu sends the Furious Five to help Po as Shifu is going to stay and hold Tai Long for as long as he can. Po comes back to find his master on the ground and fights Tai Lung.