wakanda forever review | Teen Ink

wakanda forever review

March 1, 2023
By lukelow BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other
lukelow BRONZE, Lethbridge, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Wakanda forever review 
 
We begin in the middle of the rough ocean where American researchers hunt for vibranium. Two of the explorers/researchers are diving in the ocean, they found some vibranium which was detected by a vibranium finding machine. As they tell the researcher what they found the man explorer disappears, the other explorer panics then she is gone. Above ground on the oil platform everyone is panicking. As they hear music coming from the sea everyone, but two explorers are hypnotized and jump into the ocean. The two explorers put in ear plugs so not to hear the music. They quickly get into a helicopter to try to escape. As they are flying away the blue human looking creatures try to keep them down with pure strength. They eventually can lift off, as they are in the air a human with winged feet and elf ears emerges from the water. The human looking creature attacks them and they all die… “no witnesses!” 


This is one of my favorite parts in the movie, this movie is jammed pack with interesting fight scenes and mysteries to be solved along the way. This movie mostly takes place in Wakanda a heavily protected area in the world. The main character is Shuri her mom is Queen of Wakanda. Shuri struggles to help save Wakanda while still morning her brothers loss. The main antagonist of the story is the blue creatures and their leader Namor, the man with wings on his feet. These beings also wield the metal vibranium. Vibranium is a strong metal that won’t be detected by metal scanners and is stronger than diamond. The Wakandan’s in habit an area with this metal and have mined it. They can use vibranium to make advanced technology, and other countries are intimidated by this.  
 
While Shuri is a warrior, she is also an amazing scientist, she can make amazing technology. As well as altering DNA and making incredibly dominant black panther suites.  The black panther is the guardian of Wakanda. Shuri’s brother T’challa was the black panther before he died to a sickness. Shuri is faced with the decision to take on this role of the black panther. There is a plant that makes any person have the strength of the black panther, the heart-shaped herb. All the heart-shaped herbs were burnt, so Shuri must use her brother’s DNA to create another heart-shaped herb. 

This movie is a sequel to the first movie “black panther” in the first movie the heart-shaped herb got burnt and Wakanda was hidden from all other countries. Now in the second movie Wakanda is not hidden. This brings new challenges including other countries wanting vibranium. Most of the second movie is struggling threw the death of T’challa, countries wanting vibranium, and the new under water creatures that wield vibranium. 

The downside to this movie is the fact that the producers killed the character T’challa. In the first movie the producer made us fond of the character T’challa so to have him die in the second movie was surprising and sorrowful. The reason the producer did this is because the actor of T’challa in the first movie died. So, this is understandable that they made him die in the movie too. Some other things I disliked about the movie was how far fetched this movie was. I know most people watch movies to escape reality but sometimes its too far. Superhero movies are getting less and less believable they can still be intriguing.  
 
So, if you like some action, adventure, and mystery then this movie “Wakanda forever” is for you. Be prepared for exciting action and far fetched type fantasy. I recommend this movie because I myself have overall enjoyed it. And I think anyone else who likes marvel and superhero movies will also enjoy it too. 
 


The author's comments:

this was a school project.