Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Teen Ink

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

December 2, 2022
By bschiro7 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
bschiro7 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 

After watching Black Panther: Wakanda Forever the most recent movie the company Marvel has released in theaters, I, a Marvel fanatic, was left astonished and in amazement. After watching a streak of mediocre television shows, this movie exceeded my expectations and has solidified its place as one of my favorite movies that Marvel has released. 

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is the sequel to the movie Black Panther. Primarily, the first movie is about a man named T’Challa becoming king and the Black Panther after his father King T’Chaka passed away. But, the actor who previously acted as T’Challa, Chadwick Boseman, unfortunately, passed away in 2020. This altered the plot of this second movie, it was made in honor of his passing. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was made to honor Chadwick Boseman, and the plot began with his character’s death. The movie focused on T’Challa’s sister, Shuri, played by Letitia Wright. The movie turned the light-hearted, funny character that Shuri was into a heartbroken, destroyed sister who saw no end to her pain. 

The movie delivered an amazing plot that left me at my seat asking for more in every scene. There were no plot holes, and the plot was not rushed like many recent Marvel movies’ plots have been. With amazing, I may say, breathtaking performances from Letitia Wright, Shuri; Angela Bassett; Ramonda, who is T’Challa and Shuri’s mother; and Tenoch Huerta, Namor, who is the main villain of the film. I was fascinated by every single character’s development, and, more specifically, how the actors displayed their character’s arc in the movie.

This movie’s soundtrack is something that has to be worth mentioning. The music behind the more important scenes matched beautifully with the events taking place, and the slow music played behind the fast, heartbreaking scenes gave everybody a little more reason to be shedding tears. I was thrilled that this movie had such an amazing soundtrack, because it increased the quality of the movie, and amplified every single detail that was put into the creation of the movie.

This breathtaking movie was created beautifully. With stunning pictures and CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) that made me wonder how long it took to finish these amazing pictures. I was beyond blown away by the production of the movie, and my hat is off to the directors, actors, and artists behind the film. This was one of the most visually stunning, beautifully written, and amazing-sounding movies I have ever seen. I recommend this movie highly to anybody who enjoys watching a superhero movie, but more to the people who want to honor Chadwick Boseman’s legacy, and see the amazing spectacle that is Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.