Step Brothers | Teen Ink

Step Brothers

By Jacob Waiss BRONZE, Stevenson, Washington
Jacob Waiss BRONZE, Stevenson, Washington

“I got a belly full of white dog-crap in me, and now you lay this **** on me?!” That is a line from the hilarious R-rated comedy, Step Brothers. This movie is full of crude adult humor, violence, and swearing. Lots and lots of swearing. This is one of those cinematic adventures that definitely needed an R-rating (and thank god it got one).

The movie Step Brothers is directed by Adam McKay (Talladega Nights), meaning that is a hilarious movie. The movie has Will Ferrell (Old School, Talladega Nights) and John C. Reiley (Walk Hard, Talladega Nights) in the leading roles as Brennan Huff (Ferrell) and Dave Doebeck (Reiley). Also in this movie are Mary Steenburgen as Nancy Huff, and Richard Jenkins as Robert Doebeck. As for music, most of the music is from the modern culture, however, there is one song that is created by Dale and Brennan, which is called “Boats and Hoes”.

In the movie Step Brothers, two 40-year-old men (Ferrell, Reiley) who live with their parents become step brothers, hence the name. At first Dale and Brennan don't hit it off very well. In fact, they try to murder each other. However, after sharing a common enemy, Derrick Huff (played by Adam Scott), Dale and Brennan become closer than any other step brothers have ever been. I know, “Holy Santa Clause ****”.

Though it may not seem so, the movie Step Brothers actually does have a message in it, you just have too look for it. The message isn't “Eat **** Derrick”, or “What the **** happened”, or “Stop being a ****ing dinosaur and grow up!” But the message actually is to be yourself, which is definitely demonstrated in this movie.

Overall, Step Brothers is a movie that will make you laugh till you cry. It was well put together and had the perfect cast for the movie. Though there is an absurd amount of swearing in this movie, people certainly will enjoy this movie… at least those who are 18 or older.