Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian | Teen Ink

Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian

May 28, 2009
By JeNnA BRONZE, Kamuela, Hawaii
JeNnA BRONZE, Kamuela, Hawaii
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In 2006, Night At The Museum was released to theatres. The idea of having historic artifacts coming to life was quite refreshing, considering that I'm a history lover and that most movies today are replicas of other past movies. I was pleasantly surprised to know that a sequel was being made. I was anxious to find out if the movie producers were going to add any new characters or what sorts of adventures Ben Stiller's character, Larry Daley, would embark on.
I recently got a chance to see the sequel. From the very beginning the plot line was quite haphazard. Viewers initially see Larry working as a CEO for his company and then we realize that the artifacts in the Natural History museum are being relocated to federal archives. From that point on, Larry finds himself in a quest to bring back his historic friends back where they belong. Larry learns at the Smithsonian that a quarrel has begun between his historic friends and other historic artifacts at the Smithsonian. The only way to stop the quarrel is war; Larry leads the Battle Of The Smithsonian. The movie is comprised of numerous characters chaotically running around the museum to attack one another. Along the way viewers are introduced to a few new characters, which include Amelia Earhart, General Custer, and, Kahmunrah. I personally did not see the significance of Amelia. I only found her character to be a nuisance. I found it quite strange that Larry and Ms. Earhart developed a romantic relationship. It was just a foreshadowing to the end, when Larry meets a woman exactly like Amelia Earhart. Amy Adams portrayal of Ms. Earhart was very Melodramatic. Despite these imperfections, the sequel had many more jokes than the first one. Luckily the jokes were humorous so it counterbalanced the chaotic plotline. Actors such as, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller and Hank Azaria kept me laughing uproariously. To me, this movie was a series of good jokes that had me smiling throughout the film. Overall any family can leave the theater with smiles and newfound historical facts.