A Captivating Thriller: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark | Teen Ink

A Captivating Thriller: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

By Hailey420 BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
Hailey420 BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark is a captivating thriller that strives to unlock fears we bury deep into our subconscious. Released in 2019, the producers aimed to reach a teen audience as we tend to reach for horror, more so than adults. As someone who has read the original text version of this story, it was exciting to see the visuals that were missing from the book. They were able to show the passion a young girl has for her loved ones, friends and family, while delivering a plot line we'd be sure not to forget. In the current world, more and more producers search for new and exciting ways to create new works of art. The concept of creating movies based on books has been around for decades. With that being said, the ideas presented in the making of this particular movie, were out of the ordinary. 

One thing that was easy to notice had to have been the dialogue. It was clearly shown that the movie was supposed to be a clear reflection of the book, as the dialogue was considered to be lacking suspense. The imagery and graphics are gruesome, which some may expect from a horror/thriller, but at the same time, they complimented the scene and stories perfectly. Overall, if you are looking for a good scare that can tug at your heartstrings, this is an amazing option for you.