Because of Winn-Dixie | Teen Ink

Because of Winn-Dixie

By kjwinchell SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
kjwinchell SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

When I was at my grandma's house, we were looking for a new movie to watch. As we were looking, we came across “Because of Winn-Dixie.” My grandma said to me “That is an amazing movie, we should watch it!” I had never heard about it before, but I was up for it. We put it in the DVD player and relaxed as we watched the movie. As we kept watching the movie, I was so intrigued. After the movie, I was in shock. It was so good! This movie “Because of Winn-Dixie” never fails to disappoint me. I am going to be sharing things about the actors and directors, a basic run down, and what my personal thoughts on the movie are. 

To start it off I will be talking about the actors and director. India is the main character, but she also goes by “Opal.” She is played by AnnaSophia Robb. Picking her as the main character in this movie was an amazing choice. Her personality fits her role greatly. AnnaSophia seems very natural as she plays Opal. Opal’s dad, who is also the preacher in the movie, is played by Jeff Daniels. He also plays Harry from “Dumb and Dumber,” as many know of that movie. His character plays a serious role. Jeff is a great pick for this role because he is the serious/disappointing role, and does it extremely well. Opal meets someone who is a big part of this movie, a dog. Winn-Dixie shows up a few minutes into the movie as a surprise. The director,  Wayne Wang did a great job directing this movie. He is a director of many movies “Because of Winn-Dixie” being one of his most recent ones in 2005. Overall I think Wayne Wang did a famoninal job with actor choice. 

Now that we know a little more about the actors, I am going to be giving a basic run down about this movie. Opal is a 10 year old girl who moves to Florida. She feels very lonely and is missing her old life. Her father is a preacher at the church of the town they moved to. Opal spends quite a bit of time with her dad at the church he preaches at. She so happens to meet this dog while she is in the Winn-Dixie grocery store. She had never seen this dog before, but as the dog was on the manager of the grocery store, Opal acted as if it was hers. She names him “Winn-Dixie” after being in the grocery store. She went home and asked her dad if she could keep the dog, but he was very unsure of it. He agreed to letting her keep it and she was pleased. After keeping the dog, Opal gained friendships with many people from this small town. Winn-Dixie helped her fix her relationship with her dad that was very close to being nothing at all. That mostly explains why the title is “Because of Winn-Dixie.”

Lastly, I am going to be sharing my personal opinion on this movie. “Because of Winn-Dixie” is a movie I could watch over and over again and not get sick of it. The bystanding characters are phenomenal with the main characters, which I think pulls the movie together. Another thing about the movie I love is, I feel as if there is a message that can be interpreted throughout it. The director did a great job directing “Because of Winn-Dixie” and I would recommend this movie for sure! 

As I have talked about the actors and directors, a basic run down, and my personal opinion I hope everyone learned a little about this movie and are considering watching it. “Because of Winn-Dixie” is one to never change how I feel about it.  I am so glad my grandma and I came across this movie and decided to watch it. I wouldn't want to watch it with anyone else. That is why I love this movie and think it's a good idea to watch it.

Afra ELITE said...
on Mar. 12 2022 at 8:25 am
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

This is an amazing movie!!! I love Opal's character(Anna-Sophia Robb)...☆☆☆