Fast & Furious | Teen Ink

Fast & Furious

This past weekend some friends and I went to see the newest film in the Fast and the Furious series. The film takes place between the two previously released films, 2Fast 2Furious and The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. Fast & Furious links these two films together so those who have followed the series questions were answered. There was some confusion when Tokyo Drift was released because the plot was so much different the original two. Yes, the film contained all the intense racing scenes the others offered, but the main characters were no where to be seen, aside from the closing minute. That closing minute gave viewers the idea that a new film would be coming their way, that film was Fast & Furious.

Like all of the Fast and the Furious films they start off with an intense opening scene involving, of course, fast cars. In this film the opening scene takes place in the Dominican Republic where Dom, played by actor Vin Diesel, and his group of drivers including his girlfriend Letty, played by actress Michelle Rodriguez, use tow trucks to steal oil from a large semi. Letty jumps out of one of the vehicles and onto the semi and unlatches the oil and attaches it to the tow trucks. However, the driver of the semi realizes what is going on and tries to shake Letty off the truck. In the end she nearly escapes the crashing semi but jumping off onto her boyfriend, and ring leader of the group, Dom’s car. Just like the other films I thought it had a great opening scene that got me into the movie from the start.

The plot of this film is about how a FBI agent named Brian O’Conner, played by Paul Walker, goes uncover as a street racer to ship drugs for drug lord Campos of Mexico in hopes of eventually apprehending him. Dom, a wanted convict, whose girlfriend Letty was recently murdered by a member of Campos group of men also drives for Campos in order to get closer and find the guy who killed his girlfriend. Brian and Dom both know each other from the first film where Brian also went undercover. Also Brian used to date Dom’s sister Mia. The two entered a race in order to win the privilege of driving for Campos where Dom barely beat Brian by bumping him towards the finish line. Throughout the film these two drivers are working for their own separate goals but help each other out to try and achieve them.

I am not going to ruin how the film ends but I can honestly say I enjoyed this film and recommend it to anyone who is into intense action scenes and fast cars.