Paid in Full | Teen Ink

Paid in Full

By dlddavion BRONZE, Sacramento, California
dlddavion BRONZE, Sacramento, California

My mom always told me, "it dont matter what i do it's how i do it".

“See a n*gga like me man… I love the game, I love to hustle.” In Paid In Full Money Mitch is saying he loves the streets he loves hustling because he probably doesn’t see any other life for him. The main characters Money Mitch, Ace, and Rico played by Wood Haris, Mekhi Phifer, and Cam’ron all get involved with the 1980 Harlem drug world.

Ace was making chump change and getting disrespected when he was working at the wash house. He was getting fed up and was tired of being broke. One day when he was in work a drug dealer who was dating his sister came in and tried to see if he wanted to make some real money and that got Ace thinking. A couple days later Rico runs into a connect with real business a couple days later he was dead. Ace took advantage of the opportunities placed in front of him now he’s taking off in Harlem. 

Money Mitch was Ace bestfriend and he was running Harlem until he went to jail.

When Mitch got out of jail Ace through him back on because that was his thing, “everybody eats”. 

Rico was in jail with Mitch and he helped him when things where getting bad in there for Mitch so when he got out he carried the same energy for Mitch and all his people including Ace. 

Everybody was making money and everyone was eating but things turned ugly very fast. Ace was trying to please everyone and when he realized he couldn’t do that people started to hate him. He almost lost his life and he was out the game. He thought he was out the game until someone tried to kidnap Mitch little brother Sony and hold him for ransom. Ace had no problem with giving up the connect for his best friend and he wanted to see his  brother safe. Mitch told Rico because he thought he had real friend in his corner but he snaked him and shot him for the drugs Mitch died. Later that night the people who kidnapped his little brother killed him too. Money Mitch was getting buried by the kid he’s been trying to protect his whole life.

Ace found out what happened because Rico was too stupid to cover it up he asked him about the dope and the scratches on his face. Ace was smarter than the game though he knew his only way out. His only way out was to drop the dime on Rico and change his whole life. Most people would have called him a sucka for it but that was the only way he could get out alive, everyone he ever knew and loved where killed.

In conclusion this thrilling movie is not for the weak at heart, it's tear jerking, and very underrated. I learned from this money trust nobody and watch everyone even your closest homies because in the end for the right price they will cross you. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who appreciates the struggle, hustling, making something out of nothing and such realistic story telling.