Insidious review | Teen Ink

Insidious review

By MixBreedKayla BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
MixBreedKayla BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

I like scary movies. It’s a little odd because who likes the idea of something scary lurking right behind you, being up all night because you refuse to go to sleep, getting jump scared, and end up being a paranoid human being?

The movie Insidious is a horror film about a crew trying to save a young boy. I like this movie because it keeps you hooked on and wondering. Insidious has a lot of series. It's impressive they have so much and none of them gets boring, only more interesting. The storyline just kept adding up. Insidious is different from other horror movies. It's mysterious and it makes you think. There isn’t just a psycho running loose. It’s a lot more than that and that’s what makes it so exciting.

If you like horror movies like me, Insidious is a recommendation, without a doubt.  Like I said before, it’s different. It makes you feel involved. Three films are leading up to the last film...The 4th film. You will continue to have more questions as you watch the films one, two, and three. When you get to the 4th movie “The Last Key” all questions will be answered and it’ll leave you amazed.

A lot of crazy things are going on in all of the films. I won’t talk about the specifics because I don’t want to spoil anything, and I would like you to watch the movies yourself. This movie is not dull at all. If scare meters were real, this movie would be off the charts. This is my opinion. Some people may not think it was that scary. Maybe I'm just a little too sensitive, but...it does keep you interested.

The first movie is introducing characters, the little family is experiencing abnormal things. The family continues to move into new houses after witnessing unsettling things. Whatever it is they see, it follows them. The second movie introduces some new people. These new people have a lot of experiences with whatever the family is dealing with. The third movie gets deeper. Whatever the son is dealing with is very strong, the movie goes on with the family and group trying to help the son from his “sleeping coma”. They did help him...but the little boy’s father didn’t come back as himself. The final and last movie is so crazy. There’s so much going on that I can’t explain. You have to watch it yourself to understand.

So again, if you’re looking for a good horror movie to watch, Insidious is the answer if you hadn’t watched it already. You won’t be able to rest without watching the movies that come after the first one. Only because there is a 97% chance you will have questions. Your questions will only be answered if you continue to watch the series. That’s all I wanted to say about this amazing horror series. I hope you watch them all, and if you do...I wish you a goodnight.

This piece is just a review and full of opinions. Nothing much to say