Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me | Teen Ink

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

September 14, 2019
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me is the second movie in the Austin Powers franchise and continues the adventures of everyone's favorite comedic spy. Taking place directly after the events of the first movie, Austin Powers must now venture through time and travel to the year 1969 to stop Dr. Evil from hatching his evil plan. Because his arch-nemesis has successfully used time travel to steal Austin Powers' "mojo," which is what gave him confidence and the ability to become the talented spy that he is, Austin knows that this is going to be a fight for the ages between him and Dr. Evil, especially since the villain has found a laser and is planning to point it at Earth. However, Austin Powers will certainly not be alone in this endeavor. Aided by the mysterious and friendly Felicity Shagwell, Austin will need all the need help that he can get to stop Dr. Evil, especially when considering that he isn't at his fullest strength without his "mojo." Now single, Austin Powers must strive to fix his love life and save the world from Dr. Evil's clutches, but unlike in the past, it seems like Dr. Evil is going to be far from alone in his mission, since he now has the help of his brutally aggressive clone, Mini-Me, who's an exact replica of Dr. Evil in every way but size. Dr. Evil and Mini-Me help to create a formidable duo that is practically like having two supreme villains for Austin Powers, which can only mean trouble. 

 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me is an exhilarating adventure that combines together humor and action to create a dramatic roller coaster that will be sure to captivate the audience's attention. Regardless of what audiences want, whether it be an emotional and serious blockbuster or a laugh-out-loud comedy, this movie will be sure to provide enough entertainment to please just about everyone. 

 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me may not be quite as cohesive as the original, or as much of a triumphant hit, but the movie still manages to give viewers what they crave most, and that's the ability to showcase their fan-favorite characters. There's more of Austin Powers in this movie with all of his glorious personality, and Dr. Evil once again returns to demonstrate why he's such a beloved villain. Additionally, there are plenty of more intriguing concepts introduced, like how Mini-Me is added to the franchises' mythos, and his relationship with Dr. Evil helps to make Scott Evil's relationship with his father that much more interesting. Mini-Me is a very likable character and a noteworthy addition that helps to create some of the movie's most memorable moments. 

 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me has a star-studded cast that shines throughout. Mike Myers is magnificent as always, and not only does he do a fantastic job of portraying the main character in Austin Powers, but he also brings his magical charm to Dr. Evil, seeing as he plays both characters. Because he plays the hero and the villain of the movie, he is able to demonstrate two sides of the same coin and add a level of sophistication to the movie that is also jam-packed with comedic silliness. Seth Green is once again hilarious as Scott Evil, and ensures that his character is just as funny as he was in the original. While there are plenty of other notable roles, like Robert Wagner's Number Two and Verne Troyer's Mini-Me, the true heart and soul of the movie is Mike Myers. 

 Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me is a delightful adventure that has a talented cast, a spectacular story and plenty of awesome concepts to create a movie that will satisfy viewers of all ages. While it may not be as superb as the original, it still manages to provide a fun-filled tale. There is a reason after all why this movie had an impressive 90% of Google users like the movie. Without a doubt, this is an absolute must-see with a story that deserves to be seen. 


The author's comments:

"Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard