Avengers: Endgame | Teen Ink

Avengers: Endgame

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Avengers: Endgame not only manages to act as an endgame to the events of Avengers: Infinity War, but it also manages to conclude what everything in the entire Marvel cinematic universe has been leading up to until this point. Taking place directly after the events of the last Avengers movie, Tony Stark and Nebula are stuck on a ship in space with their limited resources beginning to run out. Within a day, their oxygen will run out, which will cause Iron Man to die. Meanwhile, back on Earth, the rest of the Avengers and the world must attempt to adjust to the horrible reality that Thanos has caused. All of their vanquished allies are still yet to return, and as they do more research, the Avengers begin to realize that half of all life in the entire universe has just vanished, meaning that they have all failed as a team. Superheroes are meant to be the ones that end up saving the day, but for this group, saving the world seems impossible as their biggest failure looms large. Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, and Bruce Banner all try to figure out any possible means of stopping Thanos and reversing the damage, but it seems that this isn't a possibility. As everyone begins to attempt to understand how saving the day could be possible, it becomes clear that in order to save their present and future by bringing back everyone who vanished, they must go to the past, but everyone has changed due to the losses of friends and family and not necessarily for the better. 
 Avengers: Endgame proves to be an epic adventure that not only acts as an exhilarating conclusion to what all of the other movies in the franchise have been building up to, but it also gifts fans with a spectacular adventure that proves to be an engagingly triumphant hit that showcases the true essence of all of the characters, instantly causing them to be at their best. The beginning of the movie seamlessly transitions from the events of Avengers: Infinity War and emotionally manages to tie both of the movies together in a manner that truly immerses audiences into the movie universe. Despite how many feared that the movie might be overly long, which is fair, seeing as the movie is just over three hours in length, and the middle portion of movies tends to be the part that usually feels the most stretched out, the middle of this movie does not fall into this deadly trap. Instead, this is one of the most entertaining portions of the whole movie and showcases all of the characters attempting to carry out their dangerous plan of trying to stop the world from suffering from having half of all of its living creatures be wiped from existence. The enticing ending of the movie manages to do the franchise justice and close up several character arcs without ever feeling lackluster or forced. The brilliant conclusion of the movie is not one to underestimate, and it stands out for being so incredibly well done. As the ending of the characters' struggle with Thanos, and being titled the endgame for such, having a noteworthy end was an absolute must. Exactly this is what occurs. Nothing feels forced, and instead, the adventure flows into a cohesive end that concludes the ultimate conflict with ease. 
 Avengers: Endgame had the difficult task of living up to the immense hype set up for it and living up to expectations, which is made even more difficult by the brilliance of Avengers: Infinity War. This movie surpasses any and all previous expectations as it reinvents the definition of what it means to create a movie that both furthers along a superhero conflict and acts as a conclusion. Not only is this a must-see for people who have seen all of the other movies in the franchise, which it is, but it is a movie that needs to be seen by anyone and everyone. It's that good. The movie delicately balances between dazzling action and courageous storytelling to delicately create a tale for the ages. The task of the movie was surely daunting, but based off of the magnificent success that the movie possesses, the difficulty of creating such a masterpiece appears to be simple. The film had to ensure that it pleased its audiences, especially considering that the third Avengers movie ended on a massive cliffhanger, and it does. This movie puts as much effort into emphasizing both emotion and awesome action to highlight why all of the superheroes have become so beloved. 
 Avengers: Endgame needed to tie up all loose knots in the franchise and everything that has happened so far, and this is amazingly accomplished. The movie manages to transform into an emotional journey for each and every character, causing there to be a great emotional impact on the audience. Viewers will surely feel for all of the characters and experience the brutal pain that they go through. This proves to be a fantastic finale that manages to take everything that has been building up in the span of twenty-one movies and add to it with this twenty-second movie that brings everything together cohesively. The movie wraps up some character arcs that revolutionizes how the world will forever look at some characters, and despite how the movie could possibly feel overly complicated and busy, due to the insane amount of characters, this just never occurs. Everyone is given the approbate amount of time to shine. In fact, some characters, like Hawkeye and Black Widow, are given larger roles than before, which provides watchers with even more insight into this movie universe. Black Widow's relationships with the other Avengers and the impact that she has on everyone is showcased, as well as how other characters have gone to the extreme in their reaction to the horrific event of half of the world disappearing. 
 Avengers: Endgame combines fantastical concepts with comic book characters and science fiction to create a relentless adventure that knows how to keep the adrenaline pumping. Without spoiling what occurs, the movie does use some unique strategies that allow the movie to implement to some of the highlights of other movies to demonstrate how much the characters have developed. It becomes clear that Tony Stark has gone from an eccentric billionaire to someone who fights for the safety of the universe, Thor has gone from an arrogant warrior to a savior of the world, Captain America has gone from a skinny kid from Brooklyn to an icon that isn't afraid to stand up for what's right, Bruce Banner has gone from a scientist that struggled with his inner emotions to someone that is beginning to come to terms with his personality's duality, and Rocket has gone from a greedy raccoon to someone who fights for others, not just himself. The movie understands how to use its great history to its advantage, and instead of everything become overly complicated, the historical aspects of the movie aid in making viewers feel submerged into this fantastic universe that they can't help but wish to be a part of. All of the characters progress so much that people's interpretation of what it means to be emotionally invested in these superheroes gets rewritten splendidly. 
 Avengers: Endgame is loaded with remarkable battle scenes that showcase why so many people want to turn into a superhero. From start to finish, there's phenomenal action that highlights each and every character's strength, both physically and emotionally. The battle against Thanos has transformed into a war for not just one planet, one solar system, or one race of people, but for the entire universe. For such, phenomenal fighting is a necessity, and the bedazzling action simply doesn't disappoint at any given point. All of the characters are given moments to demonstrate how and why they are considered superheroes, simply because they are super. Despite how the movie ensures that action is constantly in the spotlight, the plot of the movie isn't ignored. In this thrilling conclusion, the movie truly explores various emotions, including the true meanings of what it means to love and lose, serve as a friend and a family member, honor commitments and act for others, and become something bigger than just the sum of a single person's parts. 
 Avengers: Endgame proves to be powerful and blast through barriers. Every second of the movie is significant and profound, and none of it can be missed. The whole movie will positively keep audiences on the edges of their seats, due to its staggering ability of taking advantage of the unexpected. Twists and turns are littered throughout the plot, creating an outstandingly unpredictable adventure that needs to be absorbed. Furthermore, the plot of the movie is actually fairly light, which is quite the feat, considering that the movie has so many dark events occur, and it never becomes overly dark or grim, which is also quite the accomplishment. Like all of the other movies in the franchise, hilarious jokes can be expected and uncanny one-liners are dispersed throughout the dialogue to allow the movie to flow smoothly. Not a single part of the movie feels choppy, and the movie is so breathtaking that viewers are transported into the movie world, becoming a member of this movie universe. 
 Avengers: Endgame greatly benefits from having a talented cast that has become the face of their superheroes. Chris Evans does a sensational job of portraying Captain America, and all of the characters' ideals are shoved into the spotlight, capturing audiences' attentions. Robert Downey Jr. continues to be both the face of Iron Man and this franchise and rightfully so. He manages to eloquently transform into the fan-favorite character and clearly demonstrate all of the progress that Tony Stark has made. Scarlett Johansson does an astounding job of playing Black Widow, and because her character is given an expanded role, her tremendous skills are made even more apparent. Chris Hemsworth manages to bring emotion and intensity into the character of Thor, surprising audiences with how emotional of a character he really is. Jeremy Renner returns as Hawkeye and showcases how much change he has gone through, because Thanos' actions have affected him arguably the most personally. Everyone must deal with the consequences of his masterplan, but Jeremy manages to highlight an entirely new side of the archer. Josh Brolin comes back to play Thanos in all of his evilness. As the main bad guy, having his emotions and ideals come into fruition are a must, and Brolin manages to increase the amount of layers and depths that the villain has. The cast of the movie isn't just notable, but it also helps to ensure that the movie is as magnificent as possible. 

Avengers: Endgame has just about it all, including some fabulous visuals that bring everything to life. The extraordinary visual effects are crucial to ensuring that all of the characters both look the part and have superpowers that look cool, seeing as they are superheroes. The superb special effects of the movie are just truly unreal and bring to the screen everything and then some that the creators could have possibly wanted to include. The plot of the movie may be nothing short of fascinating, but the visuals bring it all together, including the exploration of emotions and action. 

Avengers: Endgame has the wondrous ability to say that both viewers and critics not only like the movie, but they fall in love with it. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an insanely impressive 96%, and IMDb gave the movie a high 9.1/10, which is just such a high mark. A whopping 96% of Google users liked the movie, helping to cement the idea that everyone needs to see this, because such a wide variety of different audiences enjoyed this movie to the fullest and this movie lives up to the hype proudly. 

Avengers: Endgame acts as an endgame to the battle between Thanos and all of the other superheroes in the universe in an adventure that has it all. There's action, violence, emotion, character development, progression, superpowers, and the crude essence of what it means to be a hero. Marvelously, the movie uses its past history to its advantage, creating jaw-dropping moments that need to be inhaled by everyone. Viewers set high expectations for this movie, and the movie manages to shatter any and all bars set for it. Epic in its entirety, this movie deserves to be seen by all moviegoers alike. There has been so much building up to this point, and the movie manages to do all of the superhero characters justice, as well as the entire franchise. Few movies have ever been so long-awaited and for good reason. This movie will surprise the entire world with its raw ingenuity and brilliance, as it follows up a miraculous movie with another masterpiece that is just unbelievably good. In every sense of the word, this is a marvel. 

"We lost, all of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. This is the fight of our lives." - Captain America