Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A decade ago “When Harry Met Sally,” a wonderful romantic comedy, came out about two friends who realized they were in love after knowing each other for 10 years. The chemistry was adorable; they seemed to have so much connection, making the audience just say “come on, already!”

“Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” is a new romantic comedy about two 18-year-olds who kiss before they even meet and fall in love in one night. Oh, how times have changed!

But “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” still has all the qualities of a classic love story like “When Harry Met Sally.” Based on the book by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, the movie begins with a depressed Nick who just broke up with his girlfriend. Played by the ­always subtly adorable and hysterical Michael Cera, Nick pulls on your heartstrings when he acts like an empty shell as he sees his ex dancing with ­another guy. Norah (Kat Dennings) sees Nick performing on stage and in an act of desperation kisses him to annoy her arch enemy, Tris, who happens to be Nick’s ex. What a turning point, right?

Nick, Norah, and their entertaining friends then embark on a wonderful scavenger hunt in New York to find their favorite band, Where’s Fluffy? When they lose Norah’s drunk, hysterical best friend, Caroline, the gang gets sidetracked. Throughout the night the chemistry between Nick and Norah goes up and down but keeps the audience rooting for more.

“Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” embodies the music and freedom of youth. The awesome soundtrack, which ­includes Band of Horses, We Are Scientists, the Dead 60s, and Vampire Weekend, accompanies the movie perfectly. This movie is a nice snapshot of the youth of our generation: music obsessed and enjoying the ­company of friends.

KindredHearts said...
Jun. 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm:
Quite honestly, I find Nick & Norah to be one of my "guilty pleasures" for those days when you want to cut loose and lose yourself into a world that you recognize if only in your imagination. While in a way it pokes fun at everyone's views of a hipster and those that aren't quite at the hipster status, the quirky lines and subplots are quite enticing as are the myriad of characters. From the somber, yet remarkable Nick (Cera) to the outlandish and mysterious Luthario, Nick & Norah ensure... (more »)

Madi L. said...
This is one of my favorite movies!!!

trblue said...
May 29, 2010 at 9:04 pm:

i did not read what the person said about the artical.

i just know i saw the cover and had 2 put my 2 cents in. i loved this movie and the gum the band something rabbit. oh and thak the cast of SNL poping up here and their.  i loved the cast i fell in love with both of the leads. i NEVER read the book, but know it was great if the movie was. dont forget the writers of the book was in the move also in the diner. srry. it was a great move and Kat dennings i loved those h... (more »)

bokworm said...
May 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm:
L O V ED this movie i want to sse it again

MayDay said...
May 7, 2010 at 11:16 pm:
My favorite part is when Lethario (awesome name right) head butts Tal.

debbieeee said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:43 am:
I loved this movie.

demmia121 said...
Jul. 7, 2009 at 12:26 am:
I havent seen the movie just yet, but I've read the book. If the movie is anything like the book, it's amazing!

XD said...
Jul. 3, 2009 at 8:26 pm:
HEYYY!@!You didn't mention how many times Nick and Nora maked out with each other....did you??

Kassy G. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2009 at 3:13 pm:
I totally agree. I absolutley loved this movie! Very good reveiw.

MeanMs,Mustard said...
May 28, 2009 at 9:31 pm:
HaHa this movie is hilarious. "I love you so much it's retarded," Best. Line. EVER.