Marley and Me | Teen Ink

Marley and Me MAG

By Devon Graves BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Devon Graves BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas

“Marley and Me,” based on the popular book by John Grogan, is the story of the miraculous connection between dog and owner. It stole the hearts of dog-lovers everywhere. You not only appreciate your own dog more, but you form a relationship with Marley and John.

The movie brings you through a sea of emotions as you follow John (Owen ­Wilson) through ups and downs in his life, ­including when he finds Marley, and through the adventures of married life (his wife is played by Jennifer Aniston) and parenthood. As his life changes, one thing stays the same: Marley is by his side.

As John and his dog become closer, you feel yourself falling in love with Marley. The way the movie presents the bond between a person and a dog will definitely leave you in tears.

“Marley and Me” also ­teaches the great lesson of sticking to what is most important to you. As the demands of work and home are compounded by the struggle of keeping up with a hyper dog, John knows he must choose what is most important. This movie allows you to bond with each character as you follow them through life and reminds you to always stay true to what is important to you, even if you’re learning it from a dog.

on May. 21 2009 at 2:42 pm
This is a critical review of Marley

Courkly BRONZE said...
on May. 19 2009 at 9:55 pm
Courkly BRONZE, Hamilton, Other

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - Moulin Rouge

I lovedthat movie too... I think I cried for an hour after that and before I went to bed. I couldn't help feeling what John had felt after he had to put Marley down. It was so sad. But yes; fantastic movie <3

on May. 14 2009 at 7:26 am
Stephanie Domar, Lynnwood, Washington
This was probably the saddest movie i have ever seen that involve animals, the books is pretty amazing as well.

sarsar said...
on May. 11 2009 at 3:38 pm
sarsar, Elverson, Pennsylvania
I LOVED THAT MOVE!!!!!