Marley and Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Marley and Me,” based on the popular book by John Grogan, is the story of the miraculous connection between dog and owner. It stole the hearts of dog-lovers everywhere. You not only appreciate your own dog more, but you form a relationship with Marley and John.

The movie brings you through a sea of emotions as you follow John (Owen ­Wilson) through ups and downs in his life, ­including when he finds Marley, and through the adventures of married life (his wife is played by Jennifer Aniston) and parenthood. As his life changes, one thing stays the same: Marley is by his side.

As John and his dog become closer, you feel yourself falling in love with Marley. The way the movie presents the bond between a person and a dog will definitely leave you in tears.

“Marley and Me” also ­teaches the great lesson of sticking to what is most important to you. As the demands of work and home are compounded by the struggle of keeping up with a hyper dog, John knows he must choose what is most important. This movie allows you to bond with each character as you follow them through life and reminds you to always stay true to what is important to you, even if you’re learning it from a dog.

lake2613 said...
May 14, 2010 at 1:19 pm:
i wached it for the frist timed i cryed for lik5 minutes its so good

naturelover123 said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:15 am:
It's so sad! The ending ...
It does however make us think about our own dogs and remember to appreciate them because they're always there for us. :)

sierra welch replied...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 9:33 am :
This was ver good!I have already seen the movie and it is really sad. But im happy bc they are coming out with a Marley & Me 2!!!!

SafeleoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm :
What's the point of a second movie, I mean, I love the book and the movie and I always cry at the end but making a second movie deffeats the point of the first movie/book.

AVATARBLUE said...
this movie was great but as soon as the ending came i was so woried about my own dogs i cryed sooooo hard toooo.
-AVATARBLUE

Kailli said...
When I first watched this movie, I didn't know that the dog dies in the end, and we ended up putting my dog down that same day. It made me cry so bad. I watched it again later and loved it, i just wish someone would have told me that was coming up;)

bayleegurl replied...
Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:30 pm :
OMG that made meh cry sooooo hard! B/c mi dog got cancer too :_(

adazzle replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 12:26 pm :
the dog didnt have cancer, idiot his stomach turned

softballgirl0123 said...
i loved the movie dont like to read so will never read the book and he died and i cryed so much!<3 luv u!

DessertEagle said...
HE WAS GUNNA DIE?!?!?!? HE DID DIE!

artichokesstalkme21.5 replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 12:19 pm :
Yea he did die.

pavocracker10 replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 9:11 am :
and yes yes it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.....:(:(:(:(

anonymousfish said...
that movie was too SAAAAD.... we all knew the poor doggie was gunna die....

Marley3127 said...
Right so my name is marley and everytime i say that people are like...the dog dies! its so discouraging lol, but i didn't like the book..but the movie was eh okay..

sierra T. said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:16 pm:
I liked it but when we were watching it we had a lot of little kids there and i thought it should have been rated pg-13 for some of the stuff that was in it!

Katya S. said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm:
This Movie was ok and wold have been better if we didn't have to take a quiz on this movie and relationships for health class

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 12, 2009 at 6:01 pm:
it was alright not my favorite but cool :)

Maly T. said...
May 29, 2009 at 1:54 pm:
I have to watch this movie. [:

flippinfrog2 said...
May 28, 2009 at 2:56 pm:
i LOVED that movie it was soooooo good, but sad at the same time!

houston H. said...
May 22, 2009 at 5:54 pm:
I love this movie i almost cried when i first sall it