Red Sparrow | Teen Ink

Red Sparrow

June 14, 2018
By Anonymous

The movie “Red Sparrow” takes you into the world of a Russian woman, Dominika, and how she becomes a Russian spy and the obstacles she has to cross. I really enjoyed watching the movie, but some parts were a bit graphic and hard to watch. The movie was able to play with my brain because it contained so many small details that you would not think are important. My favorite thing about the movie was seeing Dominika grow into a stronger woman. She makes her own rules, and even when she was working with the Russians she kept a piece of herself. Typically when you start working with them you lose all of yourself and become what they want you to be. Dominika stood up to rally powerful man, and messed with them to get what she wanted. Towards the end of the movie she does not end up turning in the real mole, but turns in her uncle. She was against her uncle this whole time because he tried to change her, and did not really care about her. Also, I wish the movie showed more moments of Nate Nash and Dominika. I did not think we were able to see full emotional connection between the two. Some of the moments they had was interrupted by a violent scene. At the end of the movie they shared a reallys sweet moment together on the phone. Nate called Dominika and instead of talking he played the first song she ever danced to. This was one of my favorite scenes because it made it seem like their relationship has the potential to grow even after what they went through. I liked the movie better than the book because of all the little details that led up to the end. The ending in the book was very different from the one in the movie.