Most Recent Hot New Releases

Here are the most recent hot new releases:

Hit: A Novel by Lorie Ann Grover This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Earning a full-ride to Mills College for Girls seems to be the best thing that has ever happened to Sarah… until her heart falls in love making her doubt her decision. When she first met Mr. Haddings, Sarah had no idea how much he would change... (more »)
Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
Mackenna Reid left behind the fairytale land of Doon for her love of theater. But when her Calling arrives in the form the Doonian prince she left on the bridge- Duncan- she begins to have her doubts. By telling Mackenna that her best friend... (more »)
The A-Word by Joy Preble
Jenna Samuel’s former stoner brother is an A-Word. (Is it okay to say angel yet?) Ever since a devastating car crash a year ago, her brother Casey has been sent by Angel Management back to earth as her guardian angel. Everyone thought he would... (more »)
1 comment
Feuds by Avery Hastings This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting when I requested and began reading Feuds. Really, what drew me in was the cover and the fact that Davis, the main character, is a ballerina. If you know me at all, you know I'm a sucker for stories... (more »)
Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
Maggie Stiefvater is back with a new addition to her bestselling series, The Wolves of Mercy Falls. The companion novel, Sinner, takes readers in a completely new direction than its prequels, as it does not take place in the snowy town of Mercy... (more »)
Jex Malone by C.L. Gaber & V.C. Stanley This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The simplicity that makes up a Nancy Drew mystery is just too much for today’s generation to handle. It’s not the poor girl’s fault she isn’t the apple of every tween girl’s detective eye nowadays. Nancy just hasn’t aged with her... (more »)
Charmed & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Stephanie Kuehn’s debut novel, Charm & Strange, is exactly what it’s called, charming and strange. Charming in the sense that it’s so confusing it becomes captivating and strange in the sense that it’s, well, strange. The book centers... (more »)
Subway Love by Nora Raleigh Baskin
Laura can't take her life. Her mom's unpredictable boyfriend Bruce scares her half to death with his sudden outbursts of rage, and her brother is constantly high. She figures that it must be the "hippie" life, until she meets... (more »)
Out of Reach by Carrie Arcos
It’s much easier to find Waldo than it is to find Rachel’s brother, Micah. For years now, Micah has struggled with his uncontrollable addiction to methamphetamine. After coming back from a ridiculously expensive rehabilitation program,... (more »)
Blazed by Jason Myers
When I discovered Blazed, written by Jason Myers, I was unaware of the emotional roller coaster that was jumping onto. The roller coaster is packed with unexpected twists,turns, and loops- so is Jaimie's life. The night was not... (more »)
Expiration Date by William Campbell Powell This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
With humans on the brink of extinction, Tania Deeley has been told she is a rarity- a human child. As a substitute for children, a company called Oxted Corporation has created tekenoids which are robot human children. But the problem is on the... (more »)
1 comment
Playing for the Commandant by Suzy Zail
When I received Suzy Zail’s Playing for the Commandant in the mail to review, I was immediately interested. It had only been two weeks since I had returned from a study tour run by my school’s Holocaust Studies program. I, along with forty of... (more »)
Girls like Us by Gail Giles This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Nowadays it seems like all Young Adult Novels come stem from the same branch. We’ve got countless teenage girls looking for love, a few dozen too many vampires, and your standard coming of age story. We are so accustomed to reading what we know... (more »)
Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter
Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter. Arthur A. Levine Books, May 27th, 2014. ARC received for review. Lucia is a funny, smart, and beautiful girl who’d much rather be reading, writing, and exploring the outside world rather than living... (more »)
Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The blue butterflies seem to be following her wherever she goes, but what does the sudden appearance mean? For Gloria, the butterflies appear as she leaves her hometown and departs for a summer at a prestigious “geek camp.” After losing her... (more »)
My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal
My Last Kiss By: Bethany Neal Cassidy can’t remember how she died. All she knows is that she can see everyone around her, but they can’t see her. She knows that she lied about some things, maybe had been a little unfaithful, but she... (more »)