Soilder Boy by Keely Hutton

Sometimes you are the type of person that focuses on their everyday life, and sometimes you are the person that donates to charity or watches the news every morning. Most people don't even realize that sometimes, there are wars that are kept secret. In Soilder Boy, A boy named Ricky who lives in Northern Uganda fears war. He could try to forget, but every morning there are gunshots that reminds him of what is happening now, The Ugandan Civil War. This true story tells the story about Ricky and his brother, Patrick, and how they got abducted at age 14. They were captured by Joseph Kony's rebel army. They are forced to serve and were taught to use weapons that they were armed with. Any wrong step, and the consequences are severe.

This is also a story of a fictional character named Samuel that shows an example of how Ricky helped many people in his life. In the rebel army, trying to escape means death. This story shows action, bravery, and examples of how Ricky helped many that could of suffered the same fate as him.