This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp | Teen Ink

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

February 26, 2016
By abreul SILVER, Whitehall, Pennsylvania
abreul SILVER, Whitehall, Pennsylvania
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 “Told over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.”

An intense, heart-breaking story told from the point-of-views of four interconnected characters. It explores the terror of gun violence in the now all-too-real setting of a high school. This book is gripping from the start as the death toll rises at the hand of a vengeful student. It is absolutely impossible to put down; I read it in one sitting. There are just a few errors, such as on page 241 and 253, but otherwise it has a strong plot with a powerful message and an ending that will leave you in tears.

When I read what the book was about, I steeled myself to get ready for a bloodbath and possibly the loss of main characters that you are supposed to connect with. But nothing could prepare me for what I read. Masterfully written, this book brings you on an emotional rollercoaster as the students at Opportunity High fight for their lives when one of their own opens fire.

I would most definitely recommend this book to young-adult readers.