If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan

Sahar and Nasrin have been best friends for eleven years. Ever since then, they’ve been in love. The two have kissed, pretended to get married, and dreamed of a future where they could be together. But that kind of future is forbidden in Iran; being lesbian is illegal. Sahar and Nasrin are constantly afraid of being caught, but their overbearing love for one another gets the best of them every single time…until a lovely young man named Reza asks for Nasrin’s hand in marriage. Not knowing what else to do, Nasrin accepts Reza’s proposal. Sahar is fuming. Never in her life, not ONCE has she ever dreamed that Nasrin would betray her like this. Not ONCE did she believe that Nasrin would throw away their love for a man. Not ONCE did Sahar think she would have to resist the urge to vomit while watching her best friend pick out a wedding dress, throw brilliant engagement parties, or move in with her husband. Sahar has had enough. She will do anything to get the love of her life back, even if it means getting a sex reassignment. This book follows the wonderful story of two girls in love, looking for a world that will accept them for who they truly are.

WriteFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 11 at 5:01 am
I think I'll read this now. Not super into love stories, but who would have known? Your review is enough to change me.

Az14 said...
Feb. 8, 2016 at 4:44 am
This sounds interesting! Thank you!

I'mlife said...

cece_1258 said...
great reveiw i will deffinetly read this book.

Anonymous said...
great review. I'll read this book. thank  you!

PeaceLoveCrossCountry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You are very welcome