Spellcaster by Claudia Gray

Nadia, her dad, and her little brother, Cole, have just moved to Captive’s Sound after Nadia’s mother abandoned them. Aside from the fact that Nadia’s a witch and her mother was teaching her how to use her powers, everything is fine. Until, of course, they actually get to Captive’s Sound where Nadia realizes that a powerful, evil sorceress is at work. As soon as they pass the town’s border, their car crashes into a lake and starts to sink slowly. A strange boy, Mateo Cabot, saves Nadia, pulling her out of the wreckage. Nadia later learns that Mateo is cursed; his whole family is and has been for generations. She also learns that Mateo’s best—and only—friend, Elizabeth, may not be who she claims. Nadia, Mateo, and a new friend (Verlaine) set out to seek what is destroying Captive’s Sound and Mateo’s family, stop it, and finally bring peace to the world around them.

bradlyn said...
today at 12:24 pm:
it sounds like and awsome book

PeaceLoveCrossCountryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:13 pm :
It really is!! You should read it

anonymous said...
May 10 at 1:15 pm:
Good job. Excellent review!

today at 6:07 pm :
Thank you :)