Spellcaster by Claudia Gray

From the first page to the last, author Claudia Gray caught my attention with her beautifully written novel, Spellcaster. Full of enriching details, cliff-hangers that will have you up reading all night long, and amazing characters with and amazing amount of chemistry, Gray will pull you in to her story without a doubt.
The novel begins with the Caldani family driving cross country for numerous hours from the city of Chicago to a dark, peculiar final destination of Captive’s Sound. Main character Nadia, her little brother Cole and her father have decided to start their lives anew after her mother completely uprooted the family by leaving them unexpectedly. What really upsets Nadia is that she and her mother had not fully completed her training as a witch. Unfortunately, her mother was the only one that could have taught her all of the spells that she needed to know, since every man was blind to magic. So, Nadia finds herself with a clean slate and no clue what to do. Obvious answer: nearly die in a car accident. Within the first chapter, Claudia Gray manages to give a full description of the melancholy feelings of the family and also put them through a terrifying experience with the notorious sink holes of Captive’s Sound upon their arrival on the island. However, a silver-lining can always be found in every dark situation. Mateo, an extremely handsome and mysterious life resident at Captive’s Sound happens to be standing near the place of the accident just as it happens. Thankfully, he is able to save the Caldani family and earns their loyalty and trust. As the novel progresses, Mateo and Nadia develop a relationship like no other-stronger than anybody has ever seen. This relationship, along with the one with a very close friend, can help take down an evil sorceress who has sworn herself to the One Beneath: Elizabeth Pike. But will they be able to do it? Will the three of them find the courage to stand alone against evil? Or will they have to watch as the lives of the entire town are threatened? Read this amazing novel by Claudia Gray to find out.

Admirer said...
love your review and the book. thank you! :)

Run2Liv3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
thank you so much <3

PeaceLoveCrossCountryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. sounds good

Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:36 am
it really is :D i strongly recommend you to read it. you wont regret it!

heathersgone32This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:07 am
love love love love this book

PeaceLoveCrossCountryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I love it too!!!

Cassandralee said...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:23 am
Amazing book. great reviw :)

thanks! i read your review on it and i really liked it. i loved how you did the review on the book first and then put what you thought about it on the bottom :D great stuff!!

Cassandralee replied...
Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:57 am
Thank you. :)