Scarlet | Teen Ink

Scarlet

By LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York

"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack."

Cinder, the cyborg from planet Luna, returns in the second book of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles written by Marissa Meyer. Now, not only is she the laughing stock of the world for showing up to Prince Kai's ball with rain-drenched hair and a wrinkled dress, but she has also become the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. As if this isn't enough, Cinder manages to escape prison with Captain Carswell Thorne, a macho, good-looking, talkative ex-cadet. Meanwhile, on the other side of the world in a little town in France called Rieux, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother goes missing. As the days pass, Scarlet realizes that there are many secrets her beloved grand-mére didn't tell her. Her life is thrown into turmoil from the very start, and the chaos doesn't even begin to cease when she meets Wolf, a street fighter. It's obvious to Scarlet that Wolf has valuable information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, even though he feigns innocence. Though every nerve in Scarlet's body screams not to trust him, the two are inexplicably drawn to each other. While Scarlet and Wolf start unraveling one mystery after another, Cinder and Captain Thorne do the same. The two pairs inevitably meet and, together, attempt to stop the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything to rule Earth. This time, it's Little Red Riding Hood's story set in the future. And yes, there is a big, bad Wolf.

This book is so inexplicably addicting. From the moment I read the first page, I simply could not put it down. However, I do not recommend this book to you if you have not yet read the first in the series, Cinder. Nevertheless, Scarlet is an amazing book that will most definitely capture your full attention from the very first sentence.

Anonymous said...
Awesome review. I'll read this book in the near future. thank you!

on Mar. 31 2013 at 11:34 am
Run2Liv3 PLATINUM, Bedford, New York

Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.

sounds like a pretty amazing book! i already added it to my list of summer reading :D

CROSS COUNTRY IS AMAZING!! sorry yeah I love running :) no, I've never written a fanfiction, but it's a good idea!! I'll try it :)

CountryMusic said...
CountryMusic, Dolores, Colorado

"The quietest people have the loudest minds."

Cross country is awesome :) Haha. This sounds like a Fanfiction, have you ever written one? You should google it.