Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell

An alien race known as the Assembly has taken over Earth, bringing the Tone with them. The Tone is a telepathically-broadcasted signal that takes over the minds of everyone above the age of eighteen. This means there is one group left untouched: children. Holt Hawkins, a bounty hunter, is one of the lucky few: he is immune to the Tone. His current target, Mira Toombs, is playing hard-to-get. Many bounty hunters before him have attempted to capture the infamous Mira Toombs, yet none have succeeded. But, when Holt finally meets Mira, neither of them can ignore the instant connection they have towards each other. Not long after Holt takes Mira as his prisoner, an Assembly ship crashes nearby. Inside, Holt finds a little girl who remembers nothing except her name: Zoey. As the three of them make the treacherous journey to Midnight City, they encounter rogue alien armies, pirates, freedom fighters, and the amazing powers Zoey is beginning to exhibit. As time passes, Mira and Holt begin to realize that Zoey may just be the key to stopping the Assembly once and for all.

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 6:55 am:
I'm curious about this Assembally and Zoey and everything - Want to read this book!!! I'll add it to my list...

theshortone123 said...
Jun. 20 at 9:13 pm:
Sounds very good! Haven't read it yet but it sounds great

PeaceLoveCrossCountryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 22 at 8:28 am :
It really is!

Anonymous said...
May 10 at 1:28 pm:
Another book for my reading list thanks to your wonderful review. keep up the good work and thank you!

May 24 at 6:08 pm :
You're welcome! And thank you for the lovely comment :)