Crewel by Gennifer Albin This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Enter a tangled world of secrets and intrigue where a girl controls other’s destinies, but not her own. Sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys has always been special. When her parents discover her gift—the ability to weave the very fabric of reality—they train her to hide it. For good reason, they don’t want her to become one of the elite, beautiful, and deadly women who determine what people eat, where they live, how many children they have, and even when they die. But Adelice is forced to into this powerful group, and she must learn to navigate the dangerous politics at play. Caught in a web of lies and forbidden romance, she must unravel the sinister truth behind her own unspeakable power. Her world is hanging by a thread, and Adelice, alone, can decide to save it—or destroy it.

This book is a definite page-turner. The strange mix of science fiction and fantasy suprises you at every corner. Set on a gender-segregated "Earth", the only way a girl can escape office work is to be chosen as a Spinster who weaves time with matter deciding the world's destiny. As Adelice is twisted into this web of intrigue, she discovers disturbing secrets about the world of Arras and must chose between the sweet and mysterious valet,Jost, and the haughty and noble personal assistant,Eric. Plus the ending is quite the cliffhanger. I cannot wait for the next book in the Crewel World series.