Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

As I began to read the description on the back of this book, I was really intrigued. I thought to myself, “How is this girl supposed to create a “perfect” boy? And what will he look like? Will they fall in love?” All questions in which drove me to diving right in. right from the beginning, it’s pretty dramatic. Evening, which is the main character in the story, gets ran over. You would naturally think that her life completely changes and takes a turn for the worst after that. Not to say that it doesn’t, but it’s not exactly what you would expect it to turn out into. Evenings' mother, Terra Spiker, runs Spiker Biopharm, where a lot of crazy, unnatural things go on. Spiker Biopharm is basically a huge building filled with geniuses who know everything there is to know about science, they focus on curing diseases and have do quite a lot with genetics.

As the story progresses, Evening finds herself taking a liking to Solo, who happens to be Terra Spikers “assistant” if you would say. Solo knows quite a lot of dirt on Terra, and what she has done. But is his information correct? At least he thinks it is. Evening finds herself struggling to juggle, her feelings for Solo, her troubled friend, Aislins’ guy drama, and her new “project.”

Sooner than later everything begins to unfold and Evening finds herself running from the only family she thought she knew. Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate do a magnificent job on creating suspense. Once you really get into the story, you won’t be able to put the book down. There are times of lust, terror, and uncertainty. As the story progresses, you begin to feel a sense of relief knowing in the end that everyone is going to be ok…or are they?