Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

A Very Hexy Valentine's Day (Hex Hall,...
 Ah, Valentine’s day. And what more could you ask for on this February 14th, than to spend it with your favorite Hex Halls couple? If you had not read the third book, please do so before even looking up this book! As it is a short story of... (more »)
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
    Hannah Baker committed suicide. There was no note left. That was the end of it. At least that’s what Clay Jensen thought until a box turns up on his doorstep. Inside the box are seven cassette tapes. Clay doesn’t know what to make of... (more »)
The Giver Quartet - Son by Lois Lowry This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Son by Lois Lowry brings The Giver Quartet to a close. In a shocking, haunting and sweet ending, the tale is finally at an ending and Lowry’s groundbreaking novels are complete – winning her awards of all kinds. I truly enjoyed reading each... (more »)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
aMAZEing A review of The Maze Runner book and movie   James Dashner has now joined the ranks of authors, like Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling, who have written young adult books that have been successfully translated to film. I was... (more »)
Messenger by Lois Lowry This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Messenger by Lois Lowry is the third instalment to The Giver Quartet. Lois Lowry’s writing is one that is truly inspiring. Somehow, in some way, she draws you in slowly but intriguingly, keeping answers in your view but not reachable until she... (more »)
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
THHRe: Wildwood Dancing #1 in the Wildwood Dancing Series    Jena and her sisters keep a greatest secret: at the night of the Full Moon, they travel from the human world into the brilliant wildwood, filled with mystical creatures,... (more »)
A Gallagher Wedding (Gallagher Girls #6.5) by...
 This is the Gallagher Girl book I've been waiting for. If you have not read the sixth book before now you must go a read it! It is essential to read that before even looking at the summary of this book. This short story is only twelve pages... (more »)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandre Clare
This review is a bit overdue, but I have been slightly busy since I finished the book (family, vacations, and all that). If you did not see my description and have not finished Cassandre Clare's City of Heavenly Fire, finish the book, then read... (more »)
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry is the sequel to The Giver and it set in the same future time period, except as opposed to Jonas’ world which seems utopian, this is very much dystopian. A new central character is introduced, Kira. It was... (more »)
Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
Life is a series of up and down. Friends, work, school, life, family, sibling, personal demons, these are all things in life that can bring you up, or down.  As they say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or you can walk away and give... (more »)
The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Bridging the Gap As we grow up, we face difficulties with our identities - our sexualities, concepts of morality, religion, and sometimes things as seemingly simple as our roots. The Namesake, authored by Jhumpa Lahiri, is a poignant novel about... (more »)
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Why would a dead girl lie? Because she cannot stand up.” – Hanna Baker Hanna was a normal high school girl who went to class, parties, and out on dates. Yet something as simple as a bad reputation ruined Hanna's life. The snowball... (more »)
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Better get ready for the flaming hate mail – I did not like Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Actually, let me rephrase that: I didn't like it as much as John Green's and David Levithan's other books. Don't get me wrong: when I heard this novel was... (more »)
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The legend of an ancient order was always assumed to be a myth … until now. In the thrilling mystery novel Angels and Demons, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon has been sent on a mission to find and disarm a highly explosive substance in one of... (more »)
1 comment
Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If you're looking for something a little different, Reservation Blues offers a spiritual and exciting glimpse into Native American life. It depicts the rise and fall of Coyote Springs, a blues band from the Spokane Reservation, in their quest for... (more »)
1 comment
The Outsiders Should Be Included In The...
Dear Literary Canon Board of Directors, I am writing this letter because I think that the Outsiders should be included into the literary canon because its just like real life. Also another reason is because it covers why bullying shouldn’t... (more »)