Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

The House On Mango Street Review
By , Harbor City, CA
The House On Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros, is a good book. It's not like other books that i have read, but it's okay. The House On Mango Street is about a girl, Esperanza that feels like she doesn't belong anywhere. She doesn't even feel... (more »)
Twelve Mighty Orphans by Jim Dent
Twelve Mighty Orphans is a story about a football team out of Fort Worth, Texas, they stayed at the Masonic Home during the great depression. I fell in  love with this book right when I started reading it. The book plays with your emotions... (more »)
Altered by Jennifer Rush
By , Hemet, CA
“ I wasn’t allowed in the lab. But that didn’t stop me from sneaking down there”. Anna, a 17 year old girl, whose life is just like everyone else's, except for the fact that she has four genetically engineered guys... (more »)
The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros is an excellent novel to be read by young and old. The House On Mango Street is a collection of vignettes centering on a young Latino girl growing up in Chicago. This girl's name is Esperanza and she... (more »)
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
“Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again...” The line that opens Daphne du Maurier’s book “Rebecca.” The mysterious love story begins in Monte Carlo in 1938 where a young woman who remains unnamed meets a wealthy man named... (more »)
Oedipus the King by Gabriella
The Greek play Oedipus the King by Sophocles, is a play about the tragic downfall of the King of Thebes, and is based on the ancient myth. I am a huge fan of this play, it kept me on the edge of my seat for every page. I had already heard about... (more »)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles...
Narnia, a place where animals talk, kings’ rule, and even the trees can move. Narnia had seen some dark times, from the White Witch, to the king who almost killed all the talking animals. The Pevensies siblings: Peter, Lucy, Edmund and Susan,... (more »)
The Island by Olivia Levez
What do you do with a trouble kid? Not jail, too young for that, so jovial prison? Rehab? Let them stay home, but make them go to therapy once a week? What do you do? Team Skills is a program that takes trouble youth, and ship them off to an... (more »)
The Fault Is in Our Stars by John Green
I watched movie first.(in Korea the provider retitled this “Goodbye Hazel” and I hate that) Then I decided to read this as a book. This is story about teens who survived from cancer. I enjoy to read romantic novel like “Dear... (more »)
1 comment
It Starts with Food by Dallas Hartwig &...
As long as Americans have been obsessed with food, so have they been with diets. The secret to eating healthy threatens to elude the public forever, as fleeting fads only leave in an indent in our daily lives. Then enter Dallas and Melissa... (more »)
Smashed by Koren Zailckas
“My intention, in telling this story from the very beginning, is to show the full cycle of alcohol abuse.  I did not begin by drinking from steep glasses, viscous concoctions of rum, gin, vodka, and triple sec, and I did not start... (more »)
On Writing by Stephen King This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Stephen King. That's all I have to say and you're already imagining all things terrifying and gory: scenes of rabid dogs and vampires and girls drenched in pig's blood. But do you know the man behind the macabre? In his memoir and how-to book,... (more »)
The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by...
Adelina Amouteru who’s powers feed off pain and fear, has caused a lot for herself. From the death of her beloved prince, Enzo, the betrayal of her friends, Adelina is an outcast among the outcast, only that she is wanted dead by both sides.... (more »)
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
"Where your treasure is there will also be your heart" Motivation is necessary. A journey is most often about “consistency” than just “efforts”. And the best key is a peck of motivation. In this time so fast with internet, there are... (more »)
The Last Maasai Warriors: An Autobiography by... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The world is full of many cultures.  One of the most cultured filled places in the world is in the plains of Africa. Where the human race was said to be born, Africa is filled with many tribes that never went to the Western... (more »)
The Enemy (series) by Charlie Higson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
An Enemy on Page They prey on the young, they take over the night, The Enemy is everywhere - or at least that's what it feels like when reading Charlie Higson's acclaimed zombie series. Higson and his publishers released the final... (more »)