Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
When I first got the reading list, I was overwhelmed by which book I should choose. However, I felt like I wouldn’t be as interested as I would have been if I read something I picked myself and not by a list. Just before I left for... (more »)
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
“Some days I look at myself in the mirror and think, ‘That’s me, Prince Sebastian! I wear boy clothes and look like my father!’ Other days it doesn’t feel right at all. Those days I feel like I’m actually… a princess.” PRINCE... (more »)
Review of "Reverse Racism Is Not Real"
The writing title “Reverse Racism Is Not Real,” written by Elizabeth Otero, talks about how racism is defined by oppression, rather than just prejudice alone. This basically means that the white population of the United States who... (more »)
The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
I hve recently read a book called 'The true meaning of Smekday) by Adam Rex. It's about a girl (Tip Toucci) who loses her mother during an invasion of some aliens called 'Boovs'. While she's trying to go to Forida to find her lost mother Utopia... (more »)
Out of Africa by Karen Blixen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Danish author Karen Blixen’s 1937 memoir Out of Africa casts a personal and poetic light on African colonial life in the final decades of the British Empire. In this loosely constructed recollection of past events, Blixen describes her... (more »)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Synopsis (From Goodreads): The critically acclaimed debut novel from Stephen Chbosky, Perks follows observant “wallflower” Charlie as he charts a course through the strange world between adolescence and adulthood. First dates,... (more »)
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Fear is a distressing emotion aroused by perceived danger, evil or pain, whether the threat is real or imagined. People’s daily lives are filled with various types and levels of fears. Each person deals with his fear in his own way due to... (more »)
The Loneliness of Distant Beings by Kate Ling
The Loneliness of Distant Beings is a romance sci-fi novel by Kate Ling, following young Seren, on the Ventura, a 250 year space mission from Earth to an undiscovered planet. As part of her duty, she is to marry a chosen male in her generation,... (more »)
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
 In And Then There Were None, ten strangers are called to Soldier Island off the coast of Devon for different circumstances. Soon they all arrive, thinking that the others must be joint guests to their unique circumstance. As it turns out,... (more »)
Review of "We Need Less Homework" by... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“We Need Less Homework,” written by Aidan R., talks about having less homework .  The author’s writing left me feeling shocked by all the true evidence she gave to why having less homework is better. The arguments written... (more »)
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Spread the news: John Green has officially broken free of the sappy, lovesick formula that plagued his first novels. He became an extremely popular writer after the release of his global bestseller, The Fault in Our Stars. It is his newest... (more »)
Legend by Marie Lu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Knock. Knock. Don’t make a single sound. Hide your loved ones. If you show any symptoms of the plague, run, hide, or seek help. But whatever you do, do not open that door. It’s the only thing preventing you and your loved ones from... (more »)
That Thing We Call a Heart by Sheba Karim
Synopsis (Goodread): Shabnam Qureshi is a funny, imaginative Pakistani-American teen attending a tony private school in suburban New Jersey. When her feisty best friend, Farah, starts wearing the headscarf without even consulting her, it... (more »)
Muffin by Susan Cooper
I read the book “Muffin” by Susan Cooper. This is a memoir about a girl named Daisy who was terrorized by “Fat” Alice, who goes to school with Daisy. There’s no getting away from Alice. “It was a Monday... (more »)
The Seasons and the Human Experience by C. Johnson
By ,
Both Shakespeare and Keats use nature, to get their points across to the reader. The point or central message of both writer was a sense of time. Shakespeare uses his creative license in the uses of both imagery and diction. While Keats uses... (more »)