Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The House on Mango Street is a novel written by Sandra Cisneros. This wonderful little book it full of life and beautiful pictures painted in the mind of a young girl. If you have a particular interest in poetry, I would suggest giving this... (more »)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...
Writing a review of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series... Where do I even start? First things first: this is a really weird book. It is by far the weirdest book I have ever read, and that is saying a lot, as I have spent a... (more »)
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Nose buried in Emily St. John Mandel’s Station Eleven, I was flying somewhere over Oklahoma City when I started to doubt the existence of a civilized world somewhere far below me. Visions of deserted airports intermingling with the taste of... (more »)
Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl #10) by Cecily...
Summer time, summer flies, and does it ever! It is already July and with only one month left until our little rich kids go off to their Ivy schools! The perfect time for another summer fling, some late night parties, and spending the whole day... (more »)
Kung Fu High School by Luhao Li
The first time I saw this book, I was attracted to it immediately. I thought, Kung Fu High School must be a science fiction or a fantasy novel. Then, based on my interest in these genre, I picked it from the bookshelf and began to read it. The... (more »)
The Orphan King
This book the first in the series Merlin’s Immortals takes place in the feudal era. Specifically in a small country named Magnus. Thomas who was raised in an orphanage by his mother and some monks that kept him from the money that was meant... (more »)
Silas Marner by George Eliot
‘Silas Marner’ by George Eliot is a truly moving story about how a young child called Eppie brings happiness to the man who adopted her: Silas Marner. After the orphaned Eppie somehow finds her way into Marner’s house, this is... (more »)
Famous In Love by Rebecca Serle
I finished reading the Novel by Rebecca Serle back in May, and despite my first thoughts on the book, I did like it enough to purchase the second book in the series, Truly, Madly, Famously. I started the novel, guiltily I must admit because I... (more »)
Potters Field by Mark Waid
Potter’s Field, a comic book mini-series named after a graveyard of the same name published by BOOM! studios and written by the legendary comic book writer Mark Waid, is a neo-noir tale about a mysterious man with the noir pre-golden... (more »)
2 comments
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
What about introverts? Susan Cain makes a case for the untapped power of “quiet” people. It’s a deeply interesting, vastly intelligent book: Susan Cain has a writer’s flair that finds revelations in the researched and the personal.... (more »)
1 comment
The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
By , Vauxhall, Alberta
The Leaving by Tara Altebrando is a book filled with mystery on each page, that will keep whoever is reading it curious. The book takes place eleven years after six children were kidnapped at the age of five. Only five of the remaining teeagers... (more »)
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass
World War Three took the world by storm destroying everything in its path. What started it was with President Wallis (of the United States) who owed China a lot of money that the United States could not pay back. From then, China invaded the... (more »)
Fahrenheit 451 Essay
The book Fahrenheit 451 is about a guy who burns books and is trapped in a horrible socirty. My essay depicts what is acually going on to show how escaping the same dily norms can be beneficial to us. Chapter 1: Negatives of Daily Norms The... (more »)
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Happiness plays a huge role in everyone's day to day life. Isn't that what everyone wants? It appears that everyone is searching for ways to be happier. Happiness may seem a simple goal, however, when people struggle to fit in with the... (more »)
A Thousand Splendid Moons by Khalid Hoseinni
The old woman stared at the girl's plump stomach. She gently felt it, from under the girl's shirt. The girl cringed, as she lowered her èyes. The old woman's touch was coarse, rough and somewhat painful. "Is it your womb?" rasped the old woman,... (more »)
Revealed
This book is written by Margaret Peterson Haddix and the book title is Revealed. This book is really interesting because Jonah has to save the town now. In this book a new character shows up and there name is Charles Lindbergh, a famous... (more »)