Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1) by Alyson Noel
Fame, glory, Hollywood. A neighborhood in Los Angeles, California, this is where stars are born. From the Hard Rock Café, Hollywood Walk of fame, Grauman's Chinese Theatre, to the sign itself, there is always something to do. This is... (more »)
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Savagery in a Post-apocalyptic World “Killing isn’t free. It takes something out of you every time you do it. You get their life; the get a piece of your soul. It’s always a trade.” Sadhna, a prominent character in... (more »)
Better Nate Than Ever by Tim Federle
In the book "Better Nate Than Ever" by Tim Federle is a great novel, if you like mystery, suspense, and adventure then I recommend this to you! It starts off in a little town called Jankburg in Pennsylvania. Nate doesn’t like... (more »)
1 comment
Sisters by Raina Telgemeier
Brothers? More like bothers. Sisters? Well I'll let the book, Sisters, tell you about that. This fascinating story by Raina Telegmeier is intriguing in so many ways. She thoroughly describes life with a sister. Personally, I think Raina put... (more »)
My Friend By Tattianna Che
When I read My friend by Tattianna Che, I felt sad because it’s not a good feeling when someone calls you names or insults you. I've personally dealt with people ''acting'' like they're your friend and then turn around and backstab you. It can... (more »)
The Boy in the Black Suit by Jason Reynolds
Have you ever lost a parent or someone else close to you? Well, in Jason Reynolds’ The Boy in the Black Suit, he describes a high school student named Matthew, who has to find ways to cope with the loss of his mother as well as his father's... (more »)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down by Jeff Kinney
In the book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down, by Jeff Kinney, the genre for this book is, REAL-FIC ( Realistic Fiction ). The topic of the book is 5 characters. A little boy named, Manny. 2 brothers named, Greg and Rodrick. And 2 parents are,... (more »)
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The God of Small Things - what comes to my mind when I read those words? A thousand images - two children rowing a wooden boat on the floor, a girl curled in her seat in a movie theatre, a mother dusting wooden shavings out of her daughter's... (more »)
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Question: Loneliness is a dominant theme in Of Mice and Men. Most of the characters are lonely and searching for someone who can serve as a companion or just an audience. Discuss the examples of character loneliness, the efforts of the... (more »)
The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
By ,
I just finished reading The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros and I'm very satisfied. I recommend everyone to read this book not only because it's entertaining but it teaches young kids important life lessons. This book is simply about a... (more »)
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure by James Dashner
Looking for a good science fiction book to read? The Maze Runner: The Death Cure by James Dashner is a fabulous choice! Dashner does a fantastic job on developing the characters all through this 5 book series, with a fabulous job on the settings... (more »)
1 comment
Beautiful Darkness (Beautiful Creatures #2) by...
Ethan Wate was a Gatlin native, living in the house that had belonged to the Wate family for generations. In his town, he knew everyone, their history that mixed well with his own, until you started to believe the whole town was related.... (more »)
Last Dance by Lurlene McDaniel
If you like to read about drama, tension, wonder what will happen next and care about the characters, then the book Last Dance by Lurlene McDaniel is for you! Lurlene McDaniel said a great statement: "I write the kind of books I write... (more »)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the...
Do you like rollercoasters? Well if you answered yes to this question I recommend the rollercoaster of emotions that the novel The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon is.  This book will take you on one of the most... (more »)
Born a Crime by Trevor Noah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Trevor Noah opens his 2016 memoir, Born a Crime, with a now-defunct South African law, the Immorality Act of 1927. This act, which was written originally to “prohibit illicit carnal intercourse between Europeans and natives,” sets... (more »)
The Secret Language of Sisters by Luanne Rice This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Portland, OR
The Secret Language of Sisters is both a representation of the harsh consequences of texting while driving and a display of the strong bond between sisters. Roo McCabe is a 16-year-old who is pretty much perfect: she’s popular, smart, and... (more »)