Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

We Were Liars by e. Lockhart
Introduction 1. Title 2. Author 3. Illustrator 4. Fiction or Nonfiction 5. Why did you choose this book? Reading Rainbow Tip: Was the title interesting? Did the cover spark your curiosity? Was it something else? Talk about why you... (more »)
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief is the story of a girl called Liesel who lives in Nazi Germany. Nazi Germany might seem like a strange setting for a story about friendship, humanity and a love for books, but even this place, like any other place in this world,... (more »)
Book Review: The Martian by Andy Weir
Mankind is predicted to land on Mars sometime in the 2030’s. Many private companies, such as SpaceX and Boeing, have already begun making plans to do so. But what will life be like when we get there? How will we survive? What do we do when... (more »)
Unwind
Have you ever imagined a world where you could live forever, and any part of your body could be replaced with a new, younger one that boasts it's own skills and personalities? In the world of Unwind, all you need to get that and more is to... (more »)
City Love by Susane Colasanti
City Love tells the stories of Sadie, Darcy, and Rosanna, three college freshmen who are living together in New York City before starting their first year at University of New York in the fall. Sadie has lived in New York City all of her life... (more »)
The Lady and the Tiger by Frank R. Stockton
By , pittsburgh, PA
The Lady and the Tiger is a short story written by Frank R. Stockton for publication in the magazine The Century in 1882."The Lady, or the Tiger?" has entered the English language as an allegorical expression, a shorthand indication... (more »)
The Lady,or The Tiger? by Frank R. Stockton
Last few days,I read an article named Lady and the Tiger.As the tittle tell you,it's two options to choose,and end up with question mark.Obviously,it's a question for readers.So I continue to read,the article is talking about a story in... (more »)
Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally
Taylor Lukens is a star soccer player, a member of the debate team, and a candidate for valedictorian at her private high school, St. Andrews, in Tennessee. Her academic success, in addition to her father’s fame as senator, makes her a great... (more »)
The Season of You & Me by Robin Constantine
Cassidy Emmerich discovers that her boyfriend, Gavin, was cheating on her with another girl and the last thing she wants to do is be reminded of him all summer.  Her father and stepmother own a bed and breakfast in Crest Haven, New Jersey,... (more »)
The Lady or the Tiger by Loki Chen
The story"The Lady or the Tiger", written by Frank R. Stockton, tells us what happened in the main part of the story. However, the author didn't tell us what happened at the end of the story whereas he spoke directly to the audiences and let us... (more »)
1 comment
Blade of Fire by Stuart Hill
Blood, gore, insides spilling across the ground. Men screaming in pain as they are chopped down like trees in a forest. Every warrior of the Icemark dreams of death, bloodshed, and earning glory for his family and fellow warriors. That is the... (more »)
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Recommended for anyone who is fans of dragons, interesting new worlds, and crossing boldy crossing societal stigmas. Seraphina captures and reflects the internal struggles of who we are and where we come from, but also explores and transforms... (more »)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Shadow and Bone is the perfect novel for fans of Legend of Korra or Red Queen. Leigh Bardugo’s debut novel reflects on true friendship, betrayal, the power of emotions, and how perception and deception walk hand and hand. The kingdom of... (more »)
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Thorns and Roses is a mixture of the Iron Fey series and Beauty and the Beast, with a touch of the Hunger Games. It is a must read for fans of faeries, fairy tales, or mystery. Sarah J. Maas crafts a world divided in two: the... (more »)
Othello by Shakespeare
In most Shakespearean plays, there is always a clear hero and villain. In the case of Othello, most people believe that Iago is the villain and Othello is the hero. The text however depicts a different story. Through Iago's manipulation,... (more »)
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
There are certain books that, no matter your background, opinions or where you are in life, will change the way you look at the world. These books are few and far between, but once you find them, they stay with you forever. Flowers for Algernon... (more »)