Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Paper Towns
By , Oceanside, CA
Imagine your childhood best friend and life-long crush appearing at your window in the middle of the night asking you to accompany her on an all-night adventure avenging everyone who has ever done her wrong. This was the case for... (more »)
A Sense of Honor by James Webb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A Sense of Honor by James Webb is a thrilling novel that attempts to capture the experiences of cadets at the United States Naval Academy. Though fictional, this story has its roots in Webb’s own experience at the Naval Academy and his... (more »)
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It turns out that the maze of James Dashner’s The Maze Runner was only the beginning. In The Scorch Trials, the second book in the trilogy, Thomas and his companions, the Gladers, now have to travel across a desert with the scorching sun... (more »)
1 comment
I’m Glad I Did by Cynthia Weil This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
During the summer of 1963, JJ Green decides to take her destiny into her own hands. Encouraged by her parents to find a summer job, preferably at the family lawyer’s firm, she defies them by going against their wishes. As she follows her... (more »)
Pet Sematary by Stephen King This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Pet Sematary by Stephen King is a novel that is certain to remain in your memory forever. King has a way of surprising readers, and with an ominously entertaining plot like this, he will definitely have you biting your nails and turning the... (more »)
Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
By , Sacramento, CA
Usually I would think that high school books and movies are lame. This book was different, it’s an actual book you,if you’re in high school, can relate to. This book by Laurie Halse Anderson has changed my expectations on high school drama... (more »)
Stranded 2: Trial By Fire
The book Stranded 2: Trial by Fire is about a group of four children who need to work as a crew to overcome fears and stay alive. Buzz, Vanessa, Jane, and Carter need to work as a team to survive using a limited amount of supplies.  Can they... (more »)
"The Lady or the Tiger" Ending...
Frank R. Stockton's, “The Lady, or the Tiger?” lets the audience decide who comes out of the door at the end of this short story. The author gives hints that the tiger would come out of the door. “It was one of the fairest and loveliest of... (more »)
An Unlucky Bird
Do you think a girl should have literacy? A Homeless bird, which was written by Gloria Whelan, is a story about  sixteen Indian girl  name Koly. She lives in a village far from the city. She has two brothers and parents. But her... (more »)
Cutssss by Patricia McCormick
She may look like some ordinary innocent girl, but deep deep down inside she has many issues. In school she struggles to focus due to many many issues she has a hard time participating in and out of the facility. This leads her to self harm,... (more »)
Tyrell by Coe Booth
              Tyrell Book Review      The book Tyrell by Coe booth is by far the best book I have read since I learned how to read. This book is an urban & realistic fiction story, with an young adult genre. Tyrell is about a family... (more »)
Upstate by Kalisha Buckhahon
The book “ Upstate “ by Kalisha Buckhahon. The book is fiction and mostly stays around the topic of crime , romance , and teen drama.“ It was the first time she had visited me here in upstate New York. It was the last time I saw her.” A... (more »)
What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
“The person you can call at 2:00 A.M. and, no matter what you can count on them. Even if they’re asleep, or it’s cold, or you need to be bailed out of jail…they’ll come.” In Sarah Dessen’s What Happened to Goodbye, she shows... (more »)
Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I absolutely adore this series, and I was so excited to read the final book to the trilogy (despite being saddened by the fact that this is the last book). While the previous book suffered from "second book syndrome," Strange and Ever After... (more »)
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Speaking bluntly, I absolutely loved I'll Meet You There. I don't doubt it'll be one of my favorite reads of 2015. This book has stuck with me long after I've finished reading it. This is heartbreaking, inspiring, and poignant, and it delves... (more »)
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Wow, wow, wow. I fell in love with the book for so many reasons. Perhaps the biggest reason was the way it discussed and looked at mental illness and how it affects those around the mentally ill as well. There's this exploration of the ups and... (more »)