Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Survival is insufficient. For the Traveling Symphony, this motto is their life as they travel the shattered remnants of the world bringing music and Shakespeare, all while dodging a shadowy enemy deeply linked to their past. Station Eleven is... (more »)
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
I got about 70% of the way through this book before I lost all hope of it getting remotely entertaining. I'll give the author props for the overall idea for the novel, but it didn't meet my expectations. In all honesty, I thought it was boring.... (more »)
The Sun and Her Flowers by by Rupi Kaur This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
There is no denying that Rupi Kaur has a brilliant and unique poetic voice, complete with a lack of punctuation and minimalist drawings filled with endless lines. Her debut, “Milk and Honey,” is one of the bestselling books of the... (more »)
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Funny, rude and original,” reads the New York Times Book review for this book. And that quite effectively sums up my feelings about it. The story – co-authored by David Levithan and John Green – follows two... (more »)
East of Eden by John Steinbeck This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
If you ever wonder about humanity, what it means to be loved, or what it feels like to be hated, if you ever want to hear about why we all seem to fit under categories of good and evil, why there isn’t ever a gray area in the depths of... (more »)
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros is a book that everyone should read. I think everyone should read it because it is filled with short but interesting stories about a young girl’s life.   The book is about a young... (more »)
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick...
In a world where myths fly off the pages into reality. When the Gods you read about appear before you, telling you that you are not whom you once thought you were. If you read Rick Riordan books before (Namely the Percy Jackson series) you know... (more »)
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
What would you do to save your sister? Anything? That’s not an answer, you need to be more specific. Would you bleed for her? Would you give up something you wanted for her? Would you honor her wishes even if you do not agree? What is... (more »)
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The book I’m reading about is “The House on Mango Street”, by Sandra Cisneros.  The book is about Esperanza, and her friends. Esperanza means “hope” and spanish, she does like her name. She does not want to be like her grandma because... (more »)
Perfect by Natasha Friend
Perfect was a book I would have never guessed would actually be pretty insightful for me. Each chapter was a new day and each day got deeper into the 13 year old’s life. It really opened my eyes to the disorder as i’ve never really... (more »)
Shadowland (The Immortals #3) by Alyson Noel
Immortals. Living forever, never dying or decaying. Some say that is what humans are looking for: the never-ending youth and beauty. Ever, who is finishing up her junior year of high school is an immortal. Impress of, right? At best she will... (more »)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
*Spoiler alert* Cassandra Clare is a wonderful author and writes beautifully, however the ending of this story left me slightly upset. While part of me was happy that Tessa could be with both Will and Jem it seems a bit unrealistic.... (more »)
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
In my opinion the author did a great job on the book. I was able to understand what was going on through the journey of Bruno and Shmuel. One thing that I really liked is that he gave you great description on telling what was happening in that... (more »)
Endangered
In the book Endangered there were a lot of strong characterization and what type of personality the character had. Also the plot structure of the book was easy to follow and what problems the character faced. I feel like the character went... (more »)
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
A man brings home a tormented child who falls madly, wildly in love with his daughter, both children who mature in a twisted tale of fate.  A critical classic, Emily Brontë’s eternal tale is set in the misty English moors, where the... (more »)
Alegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
By , Duncanville, TX
This family fiction story written by Tiffany D. Jackson, is about a girl who is ALLEGEDLY accused by killing an infant at the age of 9 years old. As the story goes on, the book shows her seven year journey through this extremely sad tragedy.... (more »)