Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Paper Towns by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green is a timeless award winning gem, winning the Edgar Award for Best Young Adult in 2016. The book speaks to young adults in the everyday mundane life that they call high school. The characters in this book face the... (more »)
By , Viroqua, WI
Imagine spending most of your childhood with a neighbor and then them disappearing. You spend an entire night with them going on adventures, and just like that, they’re gone. In this inspirational story of bravery and love, you receive... (more »)
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Space is very big. It is likely closer to very×∞ big, but that is beside the point. This incalculable bigness makes it so that getting from one bit of space to another is mildly difficult. Thankfully, there is a book. A book that... (more »)
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Malala Yousafzai is an inspiration for all. Whether or not one is passionate about women’s education, Malala’s strength and compassion can not be debated by any. This is not bias or opinion. Malala is powerful. Some love her for it... (more »)
I Don't Want to be Crazy by Samantha Schutz
Imagine being scared or panicked for no reason at all. Not being able to stop the feeling and not knowing why you feel that way. In the memoir, I Don’t Want to be Crazy, Samantha feels this almost every day. I Don’t Want to be Crazy... (more »)
Son by Lois Lowry This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
You are human, but you can't feel emotions. You are human, but you have never lied. You are human, but you have never loved, or been loved. This is the truth Claire lives, as a young woman who has always lived in a community where no one is... (more »)
The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
In the book The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins, Rachel goes on the train every day so her roommate still thinks that she has a job. Each day when Rachel rides the train she passes a certain house where she admires the ‘perfect couple.’... (more »)
Eleanor&Park by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor & Park is a young adult fiction novel written by Rainbow Rowell. The book tells the love story between Eleanor, a sixteen-year-old girl with curly red hair and Park, a sixteen-year-old half-Korean boy. When Eleanor gets on the bus... (more »)
The Secret Language of Sisters by Luanne Rice This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , Portland, OR
 Luanne Rice’s The Secret Language of Sisters is both a representation of the harsh consequences of texting while driving and a display of the strong bond between sisters. Roo McCabe is a sixteen year old who is pretty much perfect: she’s... (more »)
By , Portland , OR
Dear, Teen Ink     The book i'm writing to you about is Paper Towns, Written by John Green. Green has been a successful author, with many other books you may know the title of. Looking For Alaska, The Fault In Our... (more »)
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
If you are looking for a story about a happy family who goes on trips and give their children everything they need, then please go look for a different book. This book series is about the Baudelaire orphans and their unfortunate events they are... (more »)
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness is a coming of age story all high schoolers and college students should read. The novel discusses common topics like love, stereotypes, prom and teenage angst. Through twenty one chapters, the... (more »)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
I read Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Across the Universe is published by Razorbill, an imprint of Penguin Group Inc., and was written in 2011. It is science-fiction/fantasy, and it’s the first book of a trilogy. The theme of this... (more »)
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
 The Hobbit or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien is the prequel to the epic fantasy series, The Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit follows the story of a hobbit, which is a very short breed of human, named Bilbo Baggins. Hobbits generally live... (more »)
Epic by Conor Kostick by Conor Kostick
By , Portland, OR
Being a gamer, this book, Epic by Conor Kostick, really captured an interested me. In this book, the society is revolved around the game, Epic. This game can decide if you go to universities, get supplies for your community, fulfill your... (more »)
House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The House on Mango Street is a wonderful book filled with many stories. I believe people will enjoy this book because we can relate to Esperanzas life.     The plot revolves around Esperanza wanting to leave Mango Street... (more »)