Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Red Rising, a novel by Pierce Brown, is a story set around a dystopian society where humanity has expanded far from Earth and has colonized other planets in our solar system. This society is set up in a color hierarchy, Gold being the elite and... (more »)
The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
On The House On Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros, i believe this is a great story for children and young adults to read. Eperanza's family is always having to move to a new place and now they got to live on Mango Street. It seems that everytime... (more »)
I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl #12) by...
It is December in the Upper East Side and you know what that means? Not Christmas, or family, or any of that normal stuff, but New Year Eve, in which Chuck Bass is hosting his annual party and you are all invited! With our people flying the... (more »)
The House on
By , west covina, CA
THE HOUSE ON MANGO STREET is a good book, I read it during my summer vacation and I also got my 11 year old cousin to read it aswell she also loved the book, its an adventureous book about a girl named ESPERANZA and her crazy family moving from... (more »)
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals
In the face of hatred and discrimination, there are consistently warriors who display unrivaled courage and resilience in response. Such is the case in Melba Pattillo Beal’s Warriors Don’t Cry, a novel depicting nine tenacious high school... (more »)
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
After unifying a divided China, the emperor Qin Shi Huangdi burned all pre-existing books and buried 460 scholars alive to legitimize his rule by manipulating public opinion. Likewise, in Ray Bradbury’s 1953 novel Fahrenheit 451, the... (more »)
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
By , West Covina, CA
 The House on Mango Street, by: Sandra Cisneros. I think people should read it becasue it seems that the book is talking about a real person and how they lived. So the book is about a girl named Esperanza and she tells stories about how it is... (more »)
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Joseph Conrad, the author of the book Heart of Darkness, was born on December 3, 1857. In 1874, he went to Marseille to work on a French merchant ship. This marked the beginning of Conrad's passion for navigation. Later, he lived on the sea for... (more »)
Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A captivating creation, American journalist Barbara Demick’s Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea recounts the chronicles of six individuals who endured and survived the daunting task of escaping famine-stricken North Korea into... (more »)
House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
The story The House on Mango Street is about a young girl named Esperanza. She has moved so many times and  the areas she moves to weren't good at all. Esperanza was in her mid teen years when she moved to a house on Mango Street. Her dream was... (more »)
The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
The Selection has been cut down to the finals. Down to three is when Maxon has to choose who he wants in a wife, and the Queen of Illea. Which is why Maxon is keeping it at four, dragging the competition on so that he does not have to make a... (more »)
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
The Last Lecture was a very inspirational story, but the description on the inside cover does not do it justice. Randy Pausch, the author of the novel, has a very positive philosophy on life that he shares in this book, despite being diagnosed... (more »)
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean...
I purchased this book completely by chance at the library, and I am very glad I did. Sean Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, successfully communicates the art of thriving during the teenage years through funny graphics,... (more »)
Around the world in 80 Days by Bruce Fang
As old saying goes: “Water constantly dropping wears holes in stone.” Indeed, in daily life, persistence is the most important factor to success. Jules Verne, the French novelist, wrote the book Around the World in 80 Days, which... (more »)
Watchmen by Alan Moore
Ah, Watchmen, the book that was credited for making comic books “grow up”. How well does it hold up today? Well, from what I could tell, very well. Even the book’s gritty premise (older superhero gets thrown of a building by a... (more »)
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Despite the vast number of people that exist in this world, no two people are identical. Philosophers and scientists continuously search for an explanation as to why people develop into the characters they are – whether it is their... (more »)