Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Dividing Eden (Dividing Eden, #1) by Joelle...
Synopsis (From Goodreads): From the author of the New York Times bestselling Testing trilogy comes a sweeping new fantasy series, perfect for fans of Victoria Aveyard and Sarah J. Maas. Twins Carys and Andreus were never destined to rule... (more »)
Anthem by Ayn Rand
By , Houston, TX
Ayn Rand Anthem is about a young man named equality 7521 who lives in the future, a collectivist dictatorship where the word “I” is non existent so they use “we”. When Equality 7521 was a child he wanted to be a scholar but he felt like... (more »)
Anthem by Ayn Rand
Selfish is something I would never want to be. I feel that everyone should have their own opinion on things.      To me everyone should be able to think for themselves. And, that everyone is their own self and their... (more »)
The Compound
The compound is a great book. It has a lot of different type of emotions. It can make you sad,angry, or even sometimes excited. Throughout the story of this book, there is a lesson to learn. I don’t think any body else had thought of this book... (more »)
Jay's Journal by Anonymous
By , Monroe, WI
This story is about this child named Jay; he has a party for himself and does drugs and drinks alcohol. He sadly gets addicted to these drugs. Then he goes to an institution, and he does get better. Once Jay gets out of the institution, he... (more »)
Marley and Me by John Gordan
This book was about a new married husband and wife, who want to have some responsibilities together. The couple ends up getting a new dog, and they named it Marley. Marley isn’t just an ordinary dog, he is kind of stubborn. The family... (more »)
Before We Go Extinct by Karen Rivers
J.C is our main character in this story. He goes by the nickname Sharky and has had many troubles since his best friend died right in front of him, which may or may not been an accident. His mom is very worried about him and decides a change in... (more »)
Comprehending Columbine by Ralph Larkin
Rating: 4/5 In this book, Larkin examines social factors that contribute to the Columbine massacre. Whenever he began to discuss about the perpetrators, he complied with Brooks Brown's portrayal of Dylan Klebold being the follower of Eric... (more »)
A Mother's Reckoning by Sue Klebold
Honestly, this book deserves 4.5 out of 5 stars because Sue Klebold's grief for her son (who happened to be one of the perpetrators in the Columbine massacre), the victims he killed, and the people overwhelmed by this tragedy is authentic... (more »)
Marley and Me by John Grogan
By , Short Hills, NJ
 Marley and Me is a memoir written by John Grogan about his life with the world's worst dog. Marley, is a giant Labrador Retriever, who has too much energy, always wants to play and do the right thing, but he does not know his own strength.... (more »)
I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
We all go through struggles. We all have problems with self-esteem, with someone telling us that we aren’t good enough. Someone telling us what we can or cannot do. But not all are willing to stand up for ourselves, to tell those others... (more »)
The Eye of Minds by James Dashner
The VirtNet is a total self immersion being physically present in a nonexistent world. Michael the main  character in The Eye of Minds is very experienced in hacking which is very handy in the VirtNet. Experienced enough that the... (more »)
S.Y.L.O by D.J MacHale
Imagine watching a high school football game, and the star running back dies. Rumors of a new super drug called ruby are circulating, and naval officers under the name S.Y.L.O. have come to quarantine the island because of a lethal new virus.... (more »)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Jamie’s new boarding school is nice and all, until the boy down the hall is murdered, that’s when things get interesting.  Did I mention that Jamie’s last name is Watson?  Oh, and there’s a Holmes on campus,... (more »)
This Side of Home by Renee Watson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In Renée Watson’s coming of age novel, This Side of Home, Maya Younger’s world is changing. Essence, Maya’s best friend and neighbor, is moving to different part of Portland. Maya and her twin sister, Nikki, are... (more »)
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
By , Rolla, MO
“She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to corkboard like a butterfly, but... (more »)