Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

The Island by Olivia Levez
What do you do with a trouble kid? Not jail, too young for that, so jovial prison? Rehab? Let them stay home, but make them go to therapy once a week? What do you do? Team Skills is a program that takes trouble youth, and ship them off to an... (more »)
The Fault Is in Our Stars by John Green
I watched movie first.(in Korea the provider retitled this “Goodbye Hazel” and I hate that) Then I decided to read this as a book. This is story about teens who survived from cancer. I enjoy to read romantic novel like “Dear... (more »)
1 comment
It Starts with Food by Dallas Hartwig &...
As long as Americans have been obsessed with food, so have they been with diets. The secret to eating healthy threatens to elude the public forever, as fleeting fads only leave in an indent in our daily lives. Then enter Dallas and Melissa... (more »)
Smashed by Koren Zailckas
“My intention, in telling this story from the very beginning, is to show the full cycle of alcohol abuse.  I did not begin by drinking from steep glasses, viscous concoctions of rum, gin, vodka, and triple sec, and I did not start... (more »)
On Writing by Stephen King This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Stephen King. That's all I have to say and you're already imagining all things terrifying and gory: scenes of rabid dogs and vampires and girls drenched in pig's blood. But do you know the man behind the macabre? In his memoir and how-to book,... (more »)
The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by...
Adelina Amouteru who’s powers feed off pain and fear, has caused a lot for herself. From the death of her beloved prince, Enzo, the betrayal of her friends, Adelina is an outcast among the outcast, only that she is wanted dead by both sides.... (more »)
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
"Where your treasure is there will also be your heart" Motivation is necessary. A journey is most often about “consistency” than just “efforts”. And the best key is a peck of motivation. In this time so fast with internet, there are... (more »)
The Last Maasai Warriors: An Autobiography by... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The world is full of many cultures.  One of the most cultured filled places in the world is in the plains of Africa. Where the human race was said to be born, Africa is filled with many tribes that never went to the Western... (more »)
The Enemy (series) by Charlie Higson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
An Enemy on Page They prey on the young, they take over the night, The Enemy is everywhere - or at least that's what it feels like when reading Charlie Higson's acclaimed zombie series. Higson and his publishers released the final... (more »)
Invisible by James Patterson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Invisible by James Patterson is a must read to all you suspense lovers out there. This thriller will have you eagerly glued to the book. Emmy Dockery has taken leave from her high profile job as an FBI researcher, due to the sudden death of her... (more »)
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
' They said I must die. They said that I stole the breath from men, and now they must steal mine. ' Thus begins Burial Rites, the winner of 2011's Writing Australia Unpublished Manuscript Award. In the year 1829, something unimaginably... (more »)
Black Boy (American Hunger) by Richard Wright This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Black Boy (American Hunger) is not my usual reading fodder. I tend more towards fiction, towards worlds of pure imagination and fantasy. Every once in a while, however, I come across a book that reminds me of the raw power a nonfiction narrative... (more »)
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Dear Ray Bradbury, I appreciate all the hard work you put in your books. They are all captivating and stimulating. Fahrenheit 451 is the book that changes my life in a whole different way. Fahrenheit 451 changed my perspective in the way I... (more »)
I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl #5) by Cecily... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Ah, spring break! It is the week long break during the spring that every student lives for. Unlike fall term when you have Thanksgiving and Christmas break, the only thing during spring term that separates school from, well, school, is that... (more »)
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The book “looking for Alaska” by John Green is not just a book, it’s much more than that. The book starts with the boring and monotonous life of Miles Halter who is getting ready to go to junior high school. There he bumps into... (more »)
2 comments
A Review on the Short Story: I Have No Mouth,...
I think…therefore I AM In Harlan Ellison’s short story, I have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, the intense diction captivates the reader. Ellison uses a variety of symbolism, and imagery through diction, to depict a future where mankind... (more »)