Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was a dark and stormy night in an old New England farmhouse when suddenly in the chaos of the storm a knock was heard on the back door.  The beginning of an incredible story full of twists, turns, lessons and fantasy, Madeleine... (more »)
2 comments
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Gone Girl is a haunting, frightful, and literarily significant thriller novel. I’ve never been the biggest fan of fiction fixated on a captivating plot—I’m more of a theme- and language-enthusiast—but for most of my... (more »)
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Two teenagers climb to the top of the School bell tower. Thinking of suicide. And so they meet each other, and starts a story that’s arguably the most heart-wrenching I’ve ever read. Dubbed as the blend of The Fault in our... (more »)
Our Numbered Days by Neil Hilborn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The poem Neil Hilborn performed for Button Poetry, “OCD,” quickly went viral online, for its surprisingly approachable tale of love from someone with OCD. And now comes the manifestation of Hilborn’s inspiration, an entire... (more »)
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisernos
The book is called “The House On Mango Street”. The author is Sandra Ciserenos. The book is a good one. I like it personally because it is interesting. I would recommend this book to a friend. The book is about a young girl... (more »)
The Contender by Robert Lipsytle
The Contender, by Robert Lipsyte, is about high school dropout named Alfred Brooks. Alfred Brooks works at a grocery store where he doesn't earn much. On his way home from the grocery store one evening. He gets stopped by these boys, who... (more »)
Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick...
 “YOUR FAULT, YOUR PUNISHMENT.” Taking the blame for causing a civil war between Greece and Rome or almost destroying human civilization is on nobody’s bucket list. And the youthful god of poetry, prophecy, and sun,... (more »)
Arcane by Sever Bronny
This long yet wonderful chapter book is part of a 5 book series with a second trilogy coming out now. This series is my absolute favorite series in the entire world. A regular boy, Augumn, works at a farm with his mean family by adoption. Then,... (more »)
A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
This book is a chapter book filled with happiness and sadness, leaving a warm feeling in your heart. This specific story is about a dog who dies but come back to life every time he dies so he can find his purpose is life. Every time he is reborn... (more »)
Drums, Girls + Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick
Drums, Girls + Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick is a book about an eighth grader named Steven. Steven is very musically talented, passionate, and self-critical, also his little brother has cancer. Yes, cancer, Jeffery, a little boy in... (more »)
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
One of the most influential self help books that have been made during the 20th century is Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. In the book, Robert Kiyosaki explains the importance of the flow of money through two different quadrants, assets... (more »)
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
A book that truly handled a delicate topic in a very humorous, yet sensitive way. That is something I can honestly say about “It’s Kind of a Funny Story” by Ned Vizzini. As someone who has struggled with mental illness and has been... (more »)
The Help
By , Eminence , KY
 “The Help,” a story of a female journalist, working her way to publishing  a book on true stories told by black maids that work for white homes. The black maids have good and bad stories to share with the world. But for... (more »)
Night Star (The Immortals #5) by Alyson Noel
Damen is completely in love with Ever, and there is nothing she could do to change his mind. This unconditional love has been put to the test by Ever as she goes behind his back, uses dark magic, and listen to everyone's opinion about Damen,... (more »)
Paper Town by John Green
This is the first book I read from John Green. A great combination of friendship and love story. “Paper town” was illustrated both literally and symbolically by the two main character, Margo and Quentin. The novel starts from... (more »)
Ghosts
Meet Cat, she has a little sister named Maya. She had a birth defect that makes it hard to breath and digest. Cat is a teenager who is moving from her home where she had everything perfect. Now she has to find new friends and hobbies. Cat... (more »)