Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Invisible by James Patterson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Invisible by James Patterson is a must read to all you suspense lovers out there. This thriller will have you eagerly glued to the book. Emmy Dockery has taken leave from her high profile job as an FBI researcher, due to the sudden death of her... (more »)
The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia,...
High King Peter of Narnia rule the land fair, along with his brother, King Edmund, and sisters: Queen Susan and Queen Lucy. The people called it the Golden Age, of how yes, there were wars, but ones that Narnia’s won, who were led by Peter... (more »)
Night by Elie Wisel
“‘I have more faith in Hitler than in anyone else. He alone has kept his promises, all his promises, to the Jewish people.’ “(page 81) In this quote from the book Night, by Elie Wiesel, the victims of the Holocaust are depicted as... (more »)
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
From the moment I read the first word till I read the last word, I was enraptured in All the Light We Cannot See. This may seem very surprising. After all, the book is written like an epic instead of a novel. Many, including I, suspected that it... (more »)
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Slaughterhouse-Five, or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death by Kurt Vonnegut is not a comfortable book. It is not extremely optimistic, clean, or uplifting. It is, however, real. Despite the fact that the book is filled with... (more »)
Be a Better Writer by Steve Peha This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Growing up with a love of writing, I lifted all my tricks from the books I read. All the big vocabulary words and the clever turns of phrase I copied from Lemony Snicket; I tried to mimic Madeleine L’Engle’s world-building and Sharon... (more »)
Even if the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
A typical girl, with a typical life, a typical family in a typical town. Sounds typical right. That was Julie life. She lived with her mother, father, and older brother Adam, in the suburbs of America. Life was fine for Julie, until her bother... (more »)
Who Can I Turn To by D Holbourne
By , Sidcup, KY
'Who Can I Turn To?' is an autobiographical account of a daughter who survived being treated by her family as an outsider and as a domestic servant, in stark contrast to her siblings.. She is physically and psychologically abused, with... (more »)
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
After staying home to work on Christmas, Georgie isn’t sure if her husband is leaving for Omaha with the kids, or leaving her with the kids. Instead of sleeping alone in her Los Angeles home, the television writer spends the night at her... (more »)
Wonder by R. J. Palacio
“Set Aside Your Differences”    A Book Review of Wonder, by R.J. Palacio; Knopf: New York, 2012; $15.99   Just take a moment to imagine that you are a boy, about eleven years old, with a deformed face,... (more »)
2 comments
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne...
 The winners of the 74th Hunger Games: Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark! District 12 was proud that both their tributes were able to come home after the games, giving the District a total of three victors. Katniss and Peeta returned to semi... (more »)
Atlas Shrugged This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   If a man is the sum of his actions, then what is he if heperforms no actions? What happens when more people consume than produce? What arethe implications of the mindset that simply because one breathes, one is entitledto just... (more »)
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
I love this book. It is the first book in the Trials Of Apollo series, which follows the first two Percy Jackson series', Percy Jackson and The Heroes of Olympus. If you have read The Heroes Of Olympus then you know that Apollo royally pissed... (more »)
Blubber by Judy Blume This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Most days, I found myself in an archetypal scene; I held a fresh, chocolate-coated Long John in one miniscule hand and a heaping packet of cursive practice in the other. The no-longer-foreign stench of body odor, which remained unheeded due to... (more »)
4 comments
Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn
Every place has stories about someone or something granting wishes. From wizards, magical pools, genies to everyday folk. Wish granting is a dangerous matter, putting it in the wrong hands could leave to world destruction.  Wishes can also be... (more »)
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
It is the year 1829 and something unimaginably horrifying has happened in Iceland. Agnes Magnusdottir, a servant sentenced to death for her part in the cold-blooded murder of two men, one of whom was her former employer and lover, is awaiting... (more »)