Most Recent Book Reviews

Here are the most recent book reviews:

Quiet by Susan Cain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In a world dominated by people who have the audacity to “be gay, light, shining,” one often finds people who are tagged “shy, diffident, timid” simply because they just don't mix with the crowd. They don't enjoy parties, they don't perform... (more »)
Wonder by R. J. Palacio This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Wonder truly lives up to its title. Tears of both sadness and joy spilled down my face as I read and wondered what would happen next in this extravagantly written book. It is a book that needs to be thoroughly enjoyed by all, and if you do not... (more »)
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Laurie Halse Anderson's latest Young Adult feat chronicles 17-year-old Hayley's senior year in a new high school after settling in a new town with her father, who is haunted by internal demons. A war veteran, her father finds day-to-day life... (more »)
The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Ah, Twilight – the most controversial topic since tandoori chicken versus plain chicken. Yet here I sit, a critic with a laptop and a strong opinion, vying to obtain the lead role in the dramatic play that is the Twilight debate. No, not Team... (more »)
2 comments
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
<p>  In one word I can sum up the book Cinder by Marissa Meyer; “Wow!” This book is truly amazing science fiction with its strong characters, interesting antagonists, captivating plot, and overall originality. Cinder, the main... (more »)
Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina...
<div>  Nothing can make a girl more excited, than the chance to go to an older boy’s prom.  Shopping for the dress, papering for the night, the night itself, and then the days follow where you remember and gossip about the prom. What... (more »)
Mocking Jay by Suzan Collins
By , Keaʻau, HI
            This story takes place in a ruined, old and destroyed mining town, District 12. It was a home that once belonged to Katniss Everdeen, The Girl on Fire. That is where she grew up. District 12 is known for coal mining, but... (more »)
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe
“It starts with an itch you just can’t shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you’ll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid... (more »)
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
<p> The book “Openly Straight” by Bill Konigsberg is horrible. The protagonist Rafe Goldberg is a gay junior who travels away from his hometown to an all boy’s boarding school in Massachusetts. Why? No. Good. Reason. He feels... (more »)
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The world of fantasy is a very difficult one to get sucked into, especially those of us who are grown up at least a little bit. The magic just is not as convincing as it used to be, for whatever reason. Neil Gaiman’s <em>The Ocean at... (more »)
1 comment
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
<p> <span style="color: rgb(24, 24, 24); font-family: Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px;">Into the Wild is a befitting name for this novel. It not only has elements of... (more »)
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
<p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.15;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"> <span id="docs-internal-guid-cfbe5e4f-f478-2cb3-e0a0-e2eceb624ed9"><span style="font-size: 15px; font-family: Arial;... (more »)
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
<p> This summer I was required to read a novel. The novel of my choice was “The Fault In Our Stars”. Its author was John Green. He decided that the genre would be young adult literature. In this story there is a sixteen year-old girl... (more »)
Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
nt; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: pre-wrap;">Grade 8</span></span></p> <p>  </p> <p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.15;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;"> <span... (more »)
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
<p> For my summer reading I read a literature novel called <em>The Fault in our Stars</em> by John Green, who grew up in Florida and was born on August 24, 1997. This story takes place between the year 2008-2012 in... (more »)
Flawless by Sara Chapman
The book I chose to read was Flawless. Flawless was written by Lara Chapman, who is currently living in Central Texas. The book z is a fiction book. I really liked this book because of the romance and all the tension between the characters.... (more »)