Most Discussed Book Reviews

Here are the most discussed book reviews:

505
comments
The Giver by Lois Lowry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
After reading The Giver, I was left confused and disappointed. It seemed as if it would be interesting, but you can't judge a book by its cover. The contents were dull and predictable. Quite honestly, I wouldn't recommend it to any reader... (more »)
505 comments
247
comments
Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her... (more »)
247 comments
122
comments
A Child Called ‘It’ By Dave Pelzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dave Pelzer's first book in this series is phenomenal. What actually happened to him as a child is hard to imagine. This was a number one New York Times bestseller for months and is an inspirational story. David was renamed “It” by his evil... (more »)
122 comments
118
comments
The Shadow Children Books by Margaret Peterson...
Wow. The Shadow Children books were introduced to me by a teacher. I wasn’t so sure that I would like them, and then I got halfway into Among the Hidden. I couldn’t put it down!! It’s about a futuristic community that recently suffered... (more »)
118 comments
comments
Swallowing Stones by Joyce McDonald
Swallowing Stones by Joyce McDonald is a suspenseful book about a tragic accident that set off a chain of events that would change the small town of Briarwood forever. Michael Mackenzie fired off his Winchester Rifle on July 4th, showing it off to... (more »)
94 comments
comments
Twilight by Erin Hunter
Twilight, by Erin Hunter, is packed with action, passion, and a surge for power may be brewing. The characters of this remarkable book are cats. Do not however, underestimate them because they can hunt, fight, and survive without humans or as they... (more »)
65 comments
comments
All-American Girl by Meg Cabot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Being a hero is hard work, especially when nothing is going your way. That’s exactly why Samantha Madison is in deep trouble. An intriguing and thrilling chick-lit novel, All-American Girl is great to cuddle up with on the couch. It’s about a... (more »)
49 comments
comments
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The Perks of Being Wallflower is an epic novel for any generation. After reading it three times, I am still deeply moved. This is a great coming-of-age story, perhaps as memorable as The Catcher in the Rye. Charlie reaches out through letters... (more »)
49 comments
comments
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Jodi Picoult's newest novel, Change of Heart, has topped both the New York Times hardcover and paperback best-seller lists for weeks, and received rave reviews. Change of Heart is being dubbed one of Picoult's best books yet, but I disagree.... (more »)
43 comments
comments
Breaking Dawn by stephenie meyer
Breaking Dawn is an action filled book. It has all of the best parts a book needs including: romance, children, action, and WEREWOLVES!!!!! In Eclipse Meyer left off where Bella and Edward are engaged. In the beginning of Breaking Dawn Bella... (more »)
42 comments
comments
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When my mom gave me The House of the Scorpion, I thought I would never read it. The cover was red and black and had a large, creepy scorpion on it. My first thought was this was some horror story with bugs crawling all over. I finally gave in and... (more »)
41 comments
comments
The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By now, nearly everyone has heard of the rapidly growing sensation that is Twilight. Look around you, everywhere you turn, the faces of Edward Cullen, Jacob Black and Isabella Swan are likely to be staring back, either from a T-shirt,... (more »)
40 comments
comments
The Book Thief
Death is not only used as a theme and symbol in The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, but it is also the narrator. In this book, Death gives the reader a different perspective of what death means in Nazi Germany by looking in his eyes, rather than the... (more »)
38 comments
comments
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks is a phenomenal novel, not only because of the incredibly heart-warming love story that it tells, but also because of the thoughtful yet relatable plot that the romance is woven into. This book is about love... (more »)
36 comments
comments
Earth Abides by George R. Stewart
Many books deal with what happens after an apocalypse, but few deal with it as uniquely as George R. Stewart did in his 1949 masterpiece, Earth Abides. Earth Abides is the story of Isherwood “Ish” Williams, who discovers the horrors that took... (more »)
35 comments
comments
The Hippopotamus Marsh by Pauline Gedge
All rebellions have to begin somewhere, so why not begin with a proud Egyptian Prince, a Setiu Pharaoh, a letter and a hippopotamus marsh? Okay, an explanation is definitely in order. Seqenenra Tao is a proud Egyptian Prince, furious at the... (more »)
34 comments