The Lightning Thief | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief

By Genny Stubbs SILVER, Chelsea, Michigan
Genny Stubbs SILVER, Chelsea, Michigan

What if things began happening to you that you couldn't explain? Well, that very thing happened to a 12 year old boy named Percy Jackson. Percy finds the he is not a normal kid when he is surprised suddenly one day in school. Percy finds himself facing the power of the Greek gods in his quest to recover Zeus's lightning bolt. However, Percy is not alone, he has the help of his two friends Grover and Annabeth.

This book is an exciting thrill ride of adventure. With every chapter comes a new problem and surprise. You can read the book thousands of times and never get tired of it.

Rick Roirdan really captures the characters feelings. He makes you feel as if you could be standing next to Percy while he hears from the gods, and feeling Percy's feelings as he battles a monster.
I love this book. It is a powerful story of triumph, failure, success, and friendship. I started reading this book in 2005 for the first time and I have now read it an uncountable number of times. The book always keeps me exited.
During the story, Percy has found himself to be a son of the big three and if he is unlucky he will face a decision that he is dreading to make. Is Percy the one to make the decision?

I recommend this book to anyone looking for a book of adventure and thrill.

There is a sea of questions that need to be answered in the book but as in many books they are not answered, but if you find that you want to find the answers you can continue with Percy on his quests in Riordan's other books.
• Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters
• Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Titans Curse
• Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Battle of The Labyrinth
• And coming out on May Fifth 2009, Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Last Olympian

Mick Brothers BRONZE, Prospect, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Very good review of The Lightning Thief. It's my favorite book and my favorite series and I wouldn't be able to review it any better. Good job. :o)

on May. 4 2009 at 12:53 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

extremely well written, you coulddo this for a living you know... :)