The Pact by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

By Ashley Andrews BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
Ashley Andrews BRONZE, West Seneca, New York

“He kissed her so gently she wondered if she had imagined it. She pulled back slightly, to look into his eyes. And then there was a shot.” The Pact is a compelling book that is a “can't miss” for romance novel readers. It is a mystery, romance, and drama all in one. You would definitely be missing out on something amazing if you didn't read The Pact. This was one of the best books that I have ever read. Three of my friends read it, and they all loved it. None of us could put it down.
The Pact will entrance you with its unending twists and turns in the storyline. Every page has a new surprise and you never know what will happen next. It tells the story of Emily and Chris. How they grew up together, how they fell in love, their relationship, and dealing with Emily's death. The Golds and the Hartes were next-door neighbors and best friends. Their children, Emily and Chris, were inseparable. It seemed like nothing could bring those two families apart, until Emily was dead and Chris on trail for her murder. Now neither family is talking to the other and everyone is an emotional mess. Chris claims it was a suicide pact, but the final trial will decide it all.
If you choose not to read The Pact you would truly be missing out on a great book. Whether you're into mystery, romance, or even a little bit of law, this is a book you are sure to enjoy. With every page, turning you down a new road of possibilities, The Pact is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and you won't be able to stop once you've started. Will you let your life be incomplete and never read this book? Or, will you be sure to read the most thrilling book there is?