The Giver | Teen Ink

The Giver

By Megan Eakin BRONZE, Fairmont, West Virginia
Megan Eakin BRONZE, Fairmont, West Virginia

This book is an interesting and confusing story about a young man named Jonas and his journey in life.Jonas is just like any other child in his small, futuristic community where everything is chosen for you. Jonas is given an odd assignment to remember what real life is like. He has to remember the pain and pleasures of life. He is forced to decide to help out a newborn child or go on with his life knowing that he could have saved them from release.

The newborn child is different from every other baby in the community, and so the Elders think that it shouldn’t be there any longer.

Jonas has two friends, Asher and Fiona. Asher is a goofy young man who gets in trouble often.
“’I apologize to my classmates.’ Asher concluded. He smoothed the rumpled tunic and sat down.”

Fiona is a beautiful and intelligent girl who is always spending her time helping others.
“Fiona is helping in the bathing room.”

This book is an extravagant adventure through a futuristic world with a young man, Jonas.
I would recommend this book to one who is of immense imagination. You have hope, happiness, and disappointment in this book, but it is a great story and will keep you wondering what’s going to happen next.

allisn said...
allisn, Brazil, Indiana
I love this book, and i am reading it in english right now. I've read it before though