Harry Potter: Order of The Phoenix by JK Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter: Order of The Phoenix by JK Rowling

May 11, 2018
By MtyMcfly BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
MtyMcfly BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Some may argue that as book series go on they lose their ability to connect with the reader, and the only reason they are read is because fans have stayed loyal throughout the series. Perhaps the author has ran dry on ideas, the plot has been stretched to far, or maybe the series is just boring. Harry Potter: Order of the phoenix, however, is the exception, an addition to the series that maintains and adds interest to the book and series. The book follows Harry Potter, a famous young wizard who ridded the secret, magical community of Lord Voldemort, a dark wizard. Harry Potter and his friends are now in their fifth year at Hogwarts and test are the least of their worries. The fifth instalment does an exceptionally good job at building on the foreshadowing inserted in its previous novels by expanding upon the mystery of Harry’s scar and its connection to Voldemort. Rowling’s dialogue tags, the action one is doing while talking, feels real, a must- have in novel writing. I find myself in awe at the simplest of text, admiring the way in which she filled every conversation with action and empathy, thus making me connect with the characters even further. The insight to Harry’s inner thoughts the reader is provided with, acts as a breeding ground of a plethora of different text - to -life connections. These come in the form of awkward conversations with a crush, stressing over grades and trying to maintain immaculacy, or even trying to be a good friend. Compared to other books as well, Rowling expertly forms her characters in such a way that one feels like they are real, and that they know them personally, even side characters had a way of sticking with me throughout the novel, their presence being made clear through mere conversations. Although, every list of pros has cons in which come in pairs. In the novel, Harry is plagued with anger and around every turn he is suddenly blowing up at someone. Though this is foreshadowing, and crucial to the book, I felt as if it became annoying and almost made me wary of every conversation.  So, kick back, open up Order of the Phoenix, and let yourself be transported into the magical world pf Harry Potter, and let Rowling’s masterful use of language engulf the reader in a visualization so deep, one will not want to come out.