Lord of the Flies by William Golding

The author grasps our attention with a plane crash involving a group of schoolboys now landing on this deserted island. They notice that there are no adults with them. Realizing they must create laws and maintain order themselves. Soon there was chaos in this civilization and order begins to crumble. Things start to get out of control and the boys disagree with themselves. Putting everyone on this island in danger. 

That was just a little summary. It was beginning is was intense already. The group of boys represents the human civilization on an island just beginning and taking place. The order was put into place at first but Jack who despises the chief decides to use savagery to build is own tribe. The tribe wired the young to fight and kill. It cost the lives of two people who were the last strip to controlling order and peace.

I found this book to be very symbolic and full of meanings. Simon was the only one who realized that chaos and destruction are taking over. He knew the profound meaning of human nature and their minds adjusting to what they are built for. The tribe of savages take the wrong side and puts the lives of others all at risk.