The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisernos | Teen Ink

The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisernos

By joshuaoeur BRONZE, Long Beach, California
joshuaoeur BRONZE, Long Beach, California

The book is called “The House On Mango Street”. The author is Sandra Ciserenos. The book is a good one. I like it personally because it is interesting. I would recommend this book to a friend.

The book is about a young girl named Esperanza. She lives in a neighborhood on mango street. Throughout the story she makes new friends and also goes through things. Esperanza has a dream of getting a nice house of her dreams one day. As Esperanza grows into an woman she has different struggles. For example she wants to be beautiful yet cruel towards men.

The house on mango street was nothing like the house they had wanted. It was small and red. The setting is busy with new friends. Esperanza makes new friends such as when she bought the bike. When she bought the bike she made a new friend there. She makes other relationships throughout the book. This is what makes the book interesting to me.

In conclusion, I like the book because it is interesting. The author creates interesting scenarios that make me want to keep on reading. I would recommend this book to a reader that likes lots of stories because this book is full of them. If you are that kind of reader then I would say that this book is for you.

it is a review about the house on mango street