Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card | Teen Ink

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

By Xx_matt69_xX BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Xx_matt69_xX BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

“I’ve watched through his eyes, I’ve listened through his ears, and I tell you he’s the one. Or at least as close as we’re going to get”. Ender’s game by Orson Scott Card 1. The book is a science fiction, that takes place in the future when aliens come to take over the earth.  Ender Wiggin is a 6-year boy living in the USA, he has a brother named Peter who is mean to him a lot, and he has a sister named Valentine who loves him with all her heart. One day a military officer comes to his house to take him up to space. He is trained by other officers, so he can fight aliens if they come back to Earth. Ender was scared to move away to space and never be able to see his family again, but he goes anyway because his mom and dad want him to. Ender goes to a space station and trains to fight aliens if they come back to Earth. The book chronicles his rise as a successful military leader.  

I disliked this book because it was  long and it took too much time to read.  Plus, to me, the book didn’t have a plot that made the story thrilling and action-packed. I think that this book is intended for young adults and teens that like science fiction. I kept reading this book because I hoped that in the middle the aliens would come back to Earth and try and take it over again. I hoped Ender Wiggin was going to be the one person who could stop the aliens from taking over Earth. I also thought that in the book there was going to be more action and more excitement.