The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time by Mark Haddon | Teen Ink

The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time by Mark Haddon

By Sidney.Streetman BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Sidney.Streetman BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Christopher never knew that the death of one dog would question everything he once thought he knew about his life. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time, by Mark Haddon, is about a boy named Christopher who has Asperger's Syndrome and is smart and curious. So when he finds his neighbor’s dog dead in its yard with a pitchfork through its middle, he has to figure out who killed the dog. As Christopher looks for the murderer, he finds that someone very important in his life has lied to him about multiple things; the lies took away some of the things he loved and cared about most. Christopher then goes on an adventure to find some of the things he had lost because of those lies. In the end, he has to learn to trust people again and go back to a semi-normal life.

I loved this book, and I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. I really liked how the book is from Christopher’s perspective; you get to better understand all of his complex emotions. At times, it was hard to follow with all of Christopher’s tangents and extras, but those also made the book more interesting. I loved all of the diagrams in the book, it really helped me see what Christopher saw. This book was a real page-turner because you never knew what was going to happen. There were so many surprising conflicts and resolutions that you could never know were coming, it really kept me engaged and on the edge of my seat. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good mystery with some drama. I really liked this book, and I think you would, too!