The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon | Teen Ink

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

By 22barrj BRONZE, DEXTER, Michigan
22barrj BRONZE, DEXTER, Michigan

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon, is about a kid named Christopher Boone who is a kid with Asperger's.  Christopher was also raised by only his dad due to his mother having an affair with a neighbour but Chris thinks she has died of a heart attack when he was young.  One night, he goes out to see a dog in his neighborhood that he loves and finds out that it has been murdered with a pitch fork.  Christopher is saddened to see this, so he decides that he wants to look for the person who killed the dog, but his father doesn’t want him to since he thinks that it could get him in trouble.  Christopher doesn’t listen and now has to find who killed the dog and be secret about it at the same time.

Overall the book was really good.  I really enjoyed the dialogue in the story and it kept me wanting to read more this is due to the mystery of who killed the dog and what Chris finds from clues.  Another thing I enjoyed about the book is how Mark Haddon made Chris the way he is in the book; it is very different from what  I have read in the past, and it is very interesting which was one of the things that had me so interested in the book.  I recommend this book to young adult due to there being some swearing in the book.