The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch | Teen Ink

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

By rosencam11 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
rosencam11 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

The Eleventh Plague, by Jeff Hirsch, is a book of survival. The main character Stephen Quinn, survived a plague that killed off his whole family and most of the country.  His grandfather taught him many important life lessons like how to shoot and use weapons. It was just Stephen and his dad who were travelling and happened to stumble upon a crashed plane,  when they finally got away from Slavers that had chased them. Stephen’s dad fell off a cliff and hit his head and went into a coma. People came to the spot that Stephen and his dad were when Stephen shot one of them in the leg then he got knocked out by another guy. When he woke up, he was with the people and they offered to take him to their civilization and take care of his dad, so he agreed to go with them. When they got there they started treating his dad, but he remained in a coma.  Stephen found a new friend named Jenny and they do a prank on someone named Will Henry. By putting firecrackers in their animal pens and all of their animals ran away.

I really liked the book because it was action packed at the end. The beginning of the book was kind of slow leading up to the when his dad fell off the cliff. I think that Jeff Hirsch did a good job with the build-up and just making the book interesting to the readers. The book is also a dystopian novel which is dark fiction. I personally liked it, but I don’t think that people who don’t like action and adventure books would like it very much. I would recommend it to any readers who like action and adventure.