The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch | Teen Ink

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

By Brianmath42 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Brianmath42 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan

The Eleventh Plague, by Jeff Hirsch, is a science fiction book based in the future.  In the aftermath of a war, America has been destroyed and two-thirds of the population is left dead from a plague.  Stephen Quinn, a fifteen-year old male, and his family were among the few that survived.   But when his grandpa dies and his dad falls into a coma after falling off a cliff, Stephen ends up at Settler’s Landing, a small town that appears too good to be true.  Settler’s Landing is a perfectly built town that hasn’t been destroyed, which makes Stephen a little suspicious.  Eventually, Stephen realized that the people there really wanted to help him when they all fought together in the war against the slavers. 

The Eleventh Plague was a very good book and was written in an excellent style.  Jeff Hirsch made the story very enticing and captivated me from the beginning.   I also liked how Hirsch showed Stephen’s feelings and made you feel like you were inside of his head and the cliffhangers that made me want to read the next chapter.  For example, “Was Jackson right?  Was it real?  Could it last?  I didn’t know, but I would find out soon” was a great cliff hanger that kept me interested.   I would recommend this book to anyone who likes an action and adventure book.