Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury, it is a novel about action and adventure, in a world based in a futuristic city. Guy Montag, a firefighter whose job involves starting fires, he has been a firefighter for ten years and he has never questioned his job of starting fires and burning books, until he meets a seventeen-year old girl that changes his point-of-view and tells him about a past where people are not afraid of knowledge. Guy Montag has a wife named Mildred, they got married when they were both 20. Her character is very shallow and deep she tried to commit suicide by overdosing. Guy Montag started collecting books and hiding them in a vent. He starts to search for a solution in the books he has hidden in the vent. Guy Montag visited Faber who is a old professor that watched all the books burn away, but now he wants them back and he tells montag about a future where people could think.

All in all I think that this is a fantastic book, even though it was published in 1953 it is still a great book. At times the book would get off track and sometimes made no sense at all. Ray Bradbury did a great job building up tension between characters. I would reccomend this book to teen agers or young adults.